Snohomish Co Book

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
One of my co-works gave me this today. His wife picked it up at a garage sale.
Looks like it was published about 30 years ago. I know there is a rather large Snohomish Co park named after the author. I’m looking for to reading this.
SF

IMG_6582.jpeg

SKYKO

Tail End Boomer
Forum Supporter
One of my co-works gave me this today. His wife picked it up at a garage sale.
Looks like it was published about 30 years ago. I know there is a rather large Snohomish Co park named after the author. I’m looking for to reading this.
SF

View attachment 104311
My wife bought me a copy signed by Bob back then, it's a cool book, kinda folksy, a little bit corny but a real genuine expression of his life and fishing/outdoor experiences in the county. It's sitting on my shelf and I enjoy cracking it open from time to time.

I used to fish the Chuck alot in the winters back in the 90's, were some really nice big fish in it. We would drop rigs at different access points and walk and wade for hours really fun small stream steelheading.

DimeBrite

Saltwater fly fisherman
I learned to speak some Russian and Ukrainian on the slick muddy river banks of Bob Heirman Park. In those days I could trade up a 5 lb hatchery coho hen for a bright 12 lb hatchery coho buck to those who wanted to eat roe. Dark foggy high tide mornings in early October with the Snohomish muddy & dropping brought in waves of coho. We fired out Dick Nites colored frog green over brass with a 1/4 ounce lead barrel weight and put out the vibe into the deep eddy pools. The grabs and coho leaps were electric. Climbing back up the slippery bank with a limit of coho against a wall of blackberry bushes was a challenge. Some guys spoke about seeing the ghostly figure of Bob Heirman in the fog, but I never did.