Skwala Hopes

Got in a day float Sunday, clear brisk start with some flurries toward dusk. Was looking for Skwala adults but no luck on that front for me, didn't see any shucks, etc. Virtually no traffic or competition for water, all in all a great day to be out with a half dozen to hand and a few LDR, all came on either swung sculpzillas or dropper under the Skwala dry. Still some rotten shelf ice/snow at some launches so plan accordingly.20230305_095514.jpg20230305_133916.jpg20230305_105710(0).jpg

SKYKO

Tail End Boomer
Forum Supporter
Awesome. Is that an OPST rod? If it is, curious what your thoughts are on it.
I am a fan of them, especially the lighter weights for trout, I really like them on smaller rivers for swinging and I think of the Yak as smaller in the winter with the lower flows. I know there are pros and cons and I do have and use some longer 2 handers but for this stuff I really appreciate how light weight they are and they are fun with the accompanying short heads, tips etc. They can bomb pretty far and easily if needed, I think of it as sort of an all arounder, pretty good at a bunch of different stuff and not great or a standout in any one particular area. They are full flex and kind of noodly which is different but I've landed lower D summer runs as bycatch incidentally with this 4 weight swinging for trout with larger soft hackles etc. Sorry for the long reply!

Long_Rod_Silvers

Elder Millennial
Forum Supporter
I am a fan of them, especially the lighter weights for trout, I really like them on smaller rivers for swinging and I think of the Yak as smaller in the winter with the lower flows. I know there are pros and cons and I do have and use some longer 2 handers but for this stuff I really appreciate how light weight they are and they are fun with the accompanying short heads, tips etc. They can bomb pretty far and easily if needed, I think of it as sort of an all arounder, pretty good at a bunch of different stuff and not great or a standout in any one particular area. They are full flex and kind of noodly which is different but I've landed lower D summer runs as bycatch incidentally with this 4 weight swinging for trout with larger soft hackles etc. Sorry for the long reply!
Thanks! Sounds like a fun rod!