Skagit 570 Found - On the Skagit tonight

I retrieved a Skagit 570 this evening - there was the 570 head, sink tip and a nice little low water fly. If it's yours I can do my best to get it back to you

Just tell me what run you lost it in

Chris DeLeone

Attachments

• Skagit - Photo 3.jpg
    Skagit - Photo 3.jpg
    325.8 KB · Views: 81
  • Skagit - Photo 2.jpg
    Skagit - Photo 2.jpg
    186.9 KB · Views: 81
  • Skagit - Photo 1.jpg
    Skagit - Photo 1.jpg
    394.6 KB · Views: 85

_WW_

Geriatric Skagit Swinger
Forum Supporter
This is the coolest thing...WW gets his gear back and I learn one of WW's spots. Win-Win.
Bring extra stuff!
@_WW_ What is your running line? 😜
20 lb...it looks like it was cut. Just spooled up some 70 lb Monic and I hate it. It's coily, and it doesn't float for shit. Just pulled the old stuff out of the can and put it on a spool for reloading after the season.

Divad

Whitefish
Have you tried 40lb amnesia? A quick stretch and its good to go for the day. I also use the SA Absolute stuff and like it a lot, less coily than Amensia. Not a fan of the Lazar line, too heavy and too much contact.

What a cool deal getting your head back in such a way.

HauntedByWaters

Life of the Party
The spey studs I know are using Berkley Big Game these days. Note: I am not a spey stud.

_WW_

Geriatric Skagit Swinger
Forum Supporter
I lined up my 8wts with 70lb Monic at .030 because I liked the .026 on my trout speys. What I discovered is that the Monic .030 is not "high floating" and in fact sinks a little bit. After a few days now I have adjusted my cast somewhat and can get out a very decent length fishing cast. Especially with the Echo DHII, (thanks @Evan B, it's become my new favorite!) However there are a few runs where I like to punch out the maximum and this running line robs the cast because the longer loops are under water.

I'll keep it on for the duration of the season and reassess then.