Single hand integrated sink tip fly line: 6wt s6 15’ - questions

Matt B

RAMONES
Forum Supporter
Airflo Streamer Max Short has a ~15 feet of a sink tip. 7ips tip with a intermediate buffer. I prefer a longer sinking tip, so I go with the streamer max long, but after a lot of experimenting with Rio/Cortland/SA I am a firm believer in the Airflo lineup. Airflo shovelhead for bulls
The streamer max short is pretty close, but I couldn’t find one in 6 weight. Nor a streamer max long. And the shovel head comes in only 280 and 330 grain models. Currently only available in 330. That’s way too heavy. I’ve liked airflo lines I have had in the past but they seem to be low on stock and models in the US right now. They also want $129.99 for all those lines.

wmelton

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
The streamer max short is pretty close, but I couldn’t find one in 6 weight. Nor a streamer max long. And the shovel head comes in only 280 and 330 grain models. Currently only available in 330. That’s way too heavy. I’ve liked airflo lines I have had in the past but they seem to be low on stock and models in the US right now. They also want $129.99 for all those lines.
yeah, weird. It looks like they only have 5 and 9 on their site. Maybe a 3.0 is imminent but stock outs during time of year seems like leaving a lot of money on the table

Brute

Legend
Forum Supporter
Has anyone fished the Streamer Max Short?…I’m considering it in 7wt for a 8’6” 7wt rod for throwing to the bank from a raft…

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
Has anyone fished the Streamer Max Short?…I’m considering it in 7wt for a 8’6” 7wt rod for throwing to the bank from a raft…
I love it! I use it for smallies and also for muskies. It also spey casts reasonable well if you're backed up to the bushes. One back cast and fire away. 7wt for your 7wt is perfect.