Single batch biscuits in Cosori air fryer

iveofione

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Someone recently asked me to post my recipe for these and I have been out of town so much I never got around to it. I hesitate anymore to post recipes because there is no way of knowing what someone will do with your recipe then blame you for their failure. I had this happen when a lady requested a recipe and I gladly obliged her. She wrote back and said that it was the worst thing she had ever made. After questioning her to see just what went wrong she admitted that of the 7 ingredients she didn't have 3 of them and used substitutes instead. What a surprise that it tasted like crap! If I submit a recipe for apple pie and you use grapefruit slices because you don't have any apples it just isn't my fault.

Now the biscuits. I use 1 cup of flour, 1 1/4 tsp of baking powder, 1/8 tsp of baking soda, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp sugar. Whisk well. Blend in 4 or 5 tablespoons of COLD butter using a pastry blender. Then add a scant 3/4 cup of buttermilk being careful not to add too much, sneak up on it rather than get it too wet and have to add more flour. Work the dough to your satisfaction and shape as you prefer. Since the Cosori is square I make a round and cut it into 4 triangles which fit the Cosori just perfectly. No spray, paper or lube in the basket, there is plenty of butter in the biscuits to release well.

Bake in a preheated oven at 380 degrees for 8 minutes. That works at my altitude, it may vary a little for yours.

Here is where I veer away from the conventional. I use flour out of the freezer instead of room temperature. It isn't a necessity but I feel that it gives the biscuit more loft and makes for a creamy interior. Try it both ways and see what you think.

And if you use some weird ass flour only available from Madagascar or a hamlet in New Zealand and you get flat biscuits I take no responsibility!

MELinOre

Steelhead
@iveofione at the risk of heresy, I upped by biscuit game when I substituted Club Soda for baking soda. IMHO the liquid gives a better distribution than powder. I just add it to the buttermilk.

I'm not suggesting you need to up your game :)

Last edited: