Simms repair/replacement (actual) turnaround time?

ColinShots

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Hey gang. Does anyone have any recent experience with a Simms wader repair, and how long it took? They're covering the repair under warranty, but the turnaround estimate in the automated email is 5-7 weeks. I have some backup waders, so it's not the end of the world, but it it would be cool if they were under-promising and over-delivering (not hopeful about it through). Thanks as always for the input y'all have.

DoesItFloat

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Buddy sent his in in Feb and had them back a month later. That was probably better than most times I've done it. I imagine summer is a longer wait. Time to embrace the wet wade.

ColinShots

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Buddy sent his in in Feb and had them back a month later. That was probably better than most times I've done it. I imagine summer is a longer wait. Time to embrace the wet wade.
I do try to wet wade as much as possible in the summer, and I have some old Redington waders as a backup, but I would still be great to get a fast turnaround.

ColinShots

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Waders off in the mail back to Simms. Let's see if they turn them around before the kids are back in school. Not holding my breath through...

Jake Watrous

Legend
Forum Supporter
My asshole dog
IMG_2331.jpeg
chewed the zipper off my Simms wading jacket right in the start of steelheading.
1705528651930.jpeg
image.jpg

I contacted Simms to see about a repair happy to pay for it as I love the coat, and rather than even having me send in the coat for a repair evaluation are sending me a replacement.

Maybe them being bought up has changed some things, but the warranty is above and beyond.

krusty

We're on the Road to Nowhere...
Forum Supporter
My asshole dog
View attachment 100045
chewed the zipper off my Simms wading jacket right in the start of steelheading.
View attachment 100044
View attachment 100046

I contacted Simms to see about a repair happy to pay for it as I love the coat, and rather than even having me send in the coat for a repair evaluation are sending me a replacement.

Maybe them being bought up has changed some things, but the warranty is above and beyond.
I'm pretty sure an adorable critter like that isn't capable of inflicting such damage. More likely the work of a thoroughly disreputable cat....

Glad to hear Simms went 'above and beyond'. I had a problem with a zipper prior to the acquisition, and they really responded quite well. Maybe they're just better capitalized now.

I've asked our local flyshop about Simms; they've indicated they've seen no change....which can't be said for a few formerly great flyrod makers.

Last edited:

Jake Watrous

Legend
Forum Supporter
Flag on the play. They sent me a coupon for 20% off.

Jake Watrous

Legend
Forum Supporter
But no offer of repair for a fee?
None whatsoever, which is what I’d asked for in the first place.

Guess that's another check in the "buy Patagonia" box for me--they seem to repair anything.

krusty

We're on the Road to Nowhere...
Forum Supporter
None whatsoever, which is what I’d asked for in the first place.

Guess that's another check in the "buy Patagonia" box for me--they seem to repair anything.
When I had a problem I gave them a call.

Right hand may not know what left hand is doing.

Last edited:

Jake Watrous

Legend
Forum Supporter
Game back on?

“Hi Jake, I apologize about the issue here. I didn't see my colleagues notes due to all the emails that are open here. We will honor the credit so you can disregard the 20% off code and I will sending you a in-house credit here shortly! Thanks and again I apologize about the miss communication.”

For the record, at no point was I trying to get free anything. I was just seeing about repairs.

mcswny

Legend
Forum Supporter
Game back on?

“Hi Jake, I apologize about the issue here. I didn't see my colleagues notes due to all the emails that are open here. We will honor the credit so you can disregard the 20% off code and I will sending you a in-house credit here shortly! Thanks and again I apologize about the miss communication.”

For the record, at no point was I trying to get free anything. I was just seeing about repairs.

You must have been within the 2 minute warning to get that booth review.

albula

We are all Bozos on this bus
Forum Supporter
Game back on?

I've had the pleasure of dealing with that company for 3 owners. Frankly this level of service doesn't surprise me.

Draketake

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Good on Simms. They appear to be going way above and beyond for @Jake Watrous.

Ive been a Patagonia user of outdoor gear, going past 45 years, waders, clothing etc. Patagonia is top notch. That said, I just watched "Fly Fish Foods" You Tube video, on the Bozeman, Mt., Simms, wader, manufacturing facility. It was shot last month. My next waders will probably be Simms as a result. I like the idea of buying US Made.

I had concerns with the recent change of ownership at Simms. With @Jake Watrous' post and Fly Fish Foods' video, those worries are gone.

Be safe in this weather all.

Bob

Last edited: