Shout out to Avid and Patagonia

Dave Boyle

Life of the Party
Been meaning to note this and may as well use the new site. I bought a pair of Rio Gallegos waders from Patagonia for a stupid amount of $$$ and in 3 yrs the left boot had a leak and I ripped the crotch via pulling on the zippper cover flap too hard. This fall I found out very quickly that it leaked real bad, real fast….

I took them to the Avid Angler and Joe did a great job in taking care of this even though they were not bought from there. TBH I really regret not ordering them from there vs source as I saved no $$$ buying directly but they’d have made some if I’d ordered through them.

Anyway, Patagonia to their credit covered all repairs for free with only a $10 charge for shipping and that was it. They did a nice job, the bootee is now dry, haven’t waded over my nuts yet to know if the flap is fixed but it looks sound.

Thanks Joe and Patagonia,

Dave

Last edited:

Old Man

Just a useless Old Man.
Forum Legend
I had a pair of Waist high waders from Hoffman's I waded through a semi deep hole that came up above my crotch. My boys got a good shot of cold creek water. I took them back and ended up with a new pair. I didn't wade through any deep water for about a month. I finally waded through a hole is a stream somewhere. and got another soaking. I swore off Waste high's after that. I ended up with some Dan Bailly's chest high waders. But I haven't worn any waders in about 10 years now.

mcswny

Legend
Forum Supporter
Been meaning to note this and may as well use the new site. I bought a pair of Rio Gallegos waders from Patagonia for a stupid amount of $$$ and in 3 yrs the left boot had a leak and I ripped the crotch via pulling on the zippper cover flap too hard. This fall I found out very quickly that it leaked real bad, real fast….

I took them to the Avid Angler and Joe did a great job in taking care of this even though they were not bought from there. TBH I really regret not ordering them from there vs source as I saved no $$$ buying directly but they’d have made some if I’d ordered through them.

Anyway, Patagonia to their credit covered all repairs for free with only a $10 charge for shipping and that was it. They did a nice job, the bootee is now dry, haven’t waded over my nuts yet to know if the flap is fixed but it looks sound.

Thanks Joe and Patagonia,

Dave

Love em or hate em, Patagonia's repair policy is pretty stellar.

I had the same nano puff repaired 3 times, and on the 4th, when the zipper needed to be replaced, they deemed it unsalvage-able and gave me the new msrp in gift card form to buy a brand new one. I didn't even buy it from an authorized seller, I think I bought it used off eBay

troutpocket

Stillwater strategist
Forum Supporter
I use Patagonia stuff because it fits better. But I’ve always had good service when I needed it.

Reactions: Zak

Zak

Legend
Forum Supporter
I've mentioned before that Patagonia took my old blown out Riverwalkers and gave me new PataDanner boots in exchange. Love that company!

Last edited:

Porter2

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I don’t know why but I really really like their nano puff jackets, Patagonia that is. Just better than a couple other brands I have tried in terms of fit and warmth. Looking at a hoodie one next… navy blue, gray, or kelp green. My hoodless is black. I also still use some old SST waders still going strong after many years of use. Actually found Orvis and Patagonia to be my favorite waders, I believe Leland might have fitted me years ago in first Orvis pair of waders and those suckers were abused for many many years and held strong. But of course I wear simms boots go figure!