Shoe craft launch

T

Tombraider

Took a drive today scouting for first float in new boat end of week. The boards are not in and no floating a boat off or on a trailer in that channel now. That lake had more water in November. So who would be in charge or responsible for this ?

Bruce Baker

Steelhead
I am not familiar with this lake. Are the boards you are speaking of to control the lake level?

My suggestion would be to contact Snohomish County. If they are not responsible, they should know. My other suggestion would be to contact the WDFW Mill Creek office.

T

Tombraider

Called Mill Creek, talked to a voice mail. 14ft jon

Dr. Magill

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
So you’re unable to back in
I get it
Was there yesterday to check it out
Pretty tough
Did they use to put planks down?
Never have seen this
I normally just launch from my truck but my boat is small
I’m going tomorrow

T

Tombraider

You new there ? Ya up a ft or better. Plank's are not in B.S. It really needs to be dug out, like the channel between it and Goodwin have filled over time.

Smalma

Life of the Party
The launch is actually on the outlet with a dam with a number of stop logs the control the lake/outlet levels. The outlet is/was a WDFW site and there will dueling interests in how the lake level was controlled with the lake front owners and the tribe downstream to the major players. An effort 30 plus years ago to adjudicated the lake level failed by not getting enough signatures of those interested the lake level. The result that the tribe ended up controlling the lake level. The outlet flows into the reservation via Tulalip Creek through Weallup lake and onto the Bay. At one time the tribe had a salmon rearing pond/net pen in the lower ends of the creek. I don't think that project is still active..

The best source of who currently controls the dam boards would be WDFW access staff and what sort of records they have on any agreements on the issue.

curt

T

Tombraider

Thnx Curt, all i can say is. In lots of years fishing it, I've not seen it like this. I will call mill Creek daily till i get an answer.

Smalma

Life of the Party
Tombraider-
At least once in the 1980s the dam/stop logs was vandalized. The lock was broken and the stop logs were throw downstream. Might that condition of the dam and let WDFW know.

Curt

T

Tombraider

Called yesterday, left in depth message. Still no response so today i grabbed waters to see how deep it is. Well holly cow, boards are back in water up. I walked out onto lake. So we are back to fishing here, your welcome.

T

Tombraider

Called yesterday, left in depth message. Still no response so today i grabbed waters to see how deep it is. Well holly cow, boards are back in water up. I walked out onto lake. So we are back to fishing here, your welcome.

Attachments

• IMG_20220409_125228513.jpg
    IMG_20220409_125228513.jpg
    206.4 KB · Views: 39

wanderingrichard

Life of the Party
Last time I was there was 10 years ago. Used to be a motor restriction before 9AM on it. Just checked the wdfw site and didnt find that listed as restricted now. Maybe missed a page.

Is that guy with the blue arrow shaped race boat still there ? Seemed like he hated people using "HIS" lake. Buzzed up and down the lake after the morning restrictions lifted, sometimes danger close to rowboats and kayaks peacefully fishing. After we all packed up because of him, he quit buzzing everything and went home.

Haven't been back since.

T

Tombraider

Only fish it in spring, last year a boat would come out and put around for about half hr.

Smalma

Life of the Party
Such rules as speed limits, hours, outboard motor use etc, are more likely to be Snohomish county regulations than WDFW.

Curt

wanderingrichard

Life of the Party
Such rules as speed limits, hours, outboard motor use etc, are more likely to be Snohomish county regulations than WDFW.

Curt
I believe in the case of this lake, it was imposed by the residents surrounding the lake.

T

Tombraider

I called today to thank them. My neighbor is retired game Warden. He to made a call.