Second fishing trip in my new truck

Matt Paluch

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
I needed a break yesterday and decided to head out fishing. It's always a good feeling taking a new truck out on it's first few trips, but the constant attention my new truck gets made this trip even more memorable - primarily because I had the place to myself and I could just relax.

The fishing ended up being really good at this super secret lake I'm sure none of you have been to before;). I'm guessing I caught around 40 fish. Caught 1 tagged fish, which I reported the tag number to WDFW. They're doing population surveys on the lake. There is significant road work happening between the south and north ends of the lake, taking about 30 minutes to pass each way. Most fish are bunched up in groups thinking about activities other than feeding. The success I had was from keeping the fly in front of them as long as possible. I think they were biting it more out of annoyance than feeding. The next month or so should be really good.

Porter2

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Soewhere there is an old 1970 Chevy 3/4 ton pick up laughing or crying? I dont know which. Took me a minute but I like it.

Dustin Chromers

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Is this for real? Did someone actually buy one of these things? I don't believe it. I need more proof.

Matt Paluch

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Soewhere there is an old 1970 Chevy 3/4 ton pick up laughing or crying? I dont know which. Took me a minute but I like it.
I think the old Chevy's would be crying about how bad their descendants are. My last 2 pickups were Silverados, and I had to replace the transmission 5 times between the two of them. Neither one made it to 300,000 miles, one didn't make it to 200,000. While my new truck is ugly, it drives way better. Time will tell if this truck is better.

Dustin Chromers

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I've been saying I'm buying one for 4 years now. Seems like just about everyone in Moses Lake has seen me driving it. I'm coaching baseball, and I drove it for the kids truck parade last weekend.

An intriguing choice for an intriguing man. Here's to you enjoying your new truck.

"A new truck is like a new pair of underwear. At first it's restrictive but then it becomes a part of you."

Garth Algar

Last edited:

doublespey

Let.It.Swing
Forum Supporter
Kudos on taking the plunge Matt and hope you enjoy your purchase. One side benefit is that it might also deter Tweaker breakins.

I personally can't wait till Tesla comes out with a truck camper to slap on the back of that beast!

Flymph

Steelhead
Matt, so glad to see you pulled the trigger on this rig. I think laughing all the way to the bank when it comes to maintenance, upkeep, and no more carcinogenic fill-ups, will waaaaaay overcome any ugly comments! Keep us posted on you infrastructure availability on trips, please.

Matt Paluch

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Matt, so glad to see you pulled the trigger on this rig. I think laughing all the way to the bank when it comes to maintenance, upkeep, and no more carcinogenic fill-ups, will waaaaaay overcome any ugly comments! Keep us posted on you infrastructure availability on trips, please.
The funny thing about negative comments is that they all happen online. Everyone I meet in public has been really nice and wants to check it out. I don't really care about negative comments online. I respond to them, but it doesn't affect me.

Pink Nighty

Life of the Party
Would love to see how this is working out for you on the $/mile end. Personally don't care for the aesthetics of this truck, but love the idea.

SurfnFish

Legend
Forum Supporter
I think the old Chevy's would be crying about how bad their descendants are. My last 2 pickups were Silverados, and I had to replace the transmission 5 times between the two of them. Neither one made it to 300,000 miles, one didn't make it to 200,000. While my new truck is ugly, it drives way better. Time will tell if this truck is better.
just go online and Google the problems Chevy has had with their cylinder deactivation system, designed to shut down half the cylinders from firing for better mileage, taking out entire engines.
That rod looks hella fun to drive

Matt Paluch

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Might want to check the recall status of your new truck (if you haven't done so already).

The funny thing about that is even if the accelerator gets stuck at full-throttle, all you have to do is step on the brake - it overrides the accelerator and stops the motors and the truck. Having said that, mine has already been fixed.

GM had a sale hold and recall for the roofs of their trucks splitting in two. Probably a bit more concerning than a problem that is fixed by stepping on the brake.

Bruce Baker

Steelhead
I have a 2013 Silverado and in July of 2019 I brought it to the dealer because of an "Axle/differential concern in regard to a binding type feeling after slowing down and then accelerating." Concern was duplicated by dealership and "Traced to rear brakes and excessive brake dust build up. Clean and adjust rear brakes." That did not solve the problem, so I brought it back a few weeks later. The diagnosis was "The internal pump in transmission is scored and causing low line pressure, torque converter went bad; recommended a new transmission - warranty adjustor approved rebuild of transmission." The truck had less than 50K miles on it. I had purchased an extended warranty when I bought the truck and fortunately, the second diagnosis happened less than a week before it was due to expire.