Sea lions 1 Fish farmers 0

BriGuy

Life of the Party
And when they are eating the farmed fish, they are not eating the native fish, right?

Pink Nighty

Life of the Party
I'm a little confused by the article. The sea lions apparently have an exit they could use but havent left. But if there is a sea lion sized exit, surely the fish could use it as well?

Either way the farms can suck a bag of hammers

Matt B

RAMONES
Forum Supporter

cody-

Steelhead
I'm a little confused by the article. The sea lions apparently have an exit they could use but havent left. But if there is a sea lion sized exit, surely the fish could use it as well?

Either way the farms can suck a bag of hammers
I'm picturing a dry ramp going over the fence from the inside out and no ramp on the outside going in, making it difficult to climb in over the fence but easy to get out. I don't think there's any sort of underwater passage.

PhilR

IDK Man
Forum Supporter
At least now we know where we should relocate the sea lions that hang out at Willamette falls and Bonneville dam

Win-win-win!

BriGuy

Life of the Party
So, why is it always Atlantic salmon raised in Pacific waters fish farms ?? Maybe the rules should change to native species only.
Good question! If they used native species and there is a big escape, then it's no big deal and "fish on" -- as long as they clip the fins.

Uncle Stu

Steelhead
Good question! If they used native species and there is a big escape, then it's no big deal and "fish on" -- as long as they clip the fins.
they won't because it makes too much sense, and common sense is the first thing out the window when it comes to corporate profits.

wanderingrichard

Life of the Party
Several of my friends who took part in the "open season" on the Cooke escapement a few years back told me that the best thing they found to catch the escapees was Trout Bait or any form of Power Bait that imitated pellet syle fish food.
Talk about "Zombie" fish 🤪