SOLD Scott Sector 684-4

Nick Clayton

Fishing Is Neat
Forum Supporter
For sale is one Scott Sector 8' 4" 6 wt 4 piece fly rod.

I purchased this rod new. It has been used some, but not a ton. Cork shows some darkening, but not much else on the rod shows use.

Rod has been registered. Case and sock included and both are like new.

Fantastic fast action rod with feel.

SOLD

PayPal preferred

Located in Hansville.

20220209_151134-01.jpeg20220209_151233-01.jpeg20220209_151203-01.jpeg20220209_151157-01.jpeg20220209_151222.jpg

Last edited:

Muddler Minion

Just Hatched
Hi, in the market for a 6wt. Can I ask how you felt with the shorter length? I'd be beach not boat fishing and wonder if the length would be a help or hindrance. Thoughts appreciated.

Nick Clayton

Fishing Is Neat
Forum Supporter
Hi, in the market for a 6wt. Can I ask how you felt with the shorter length? I'd be beach not boat fishing and wonder if the length would be a help or hindrance. Thoughts appreciated.

I have only fished this rod from a boat, and I haven't fished the 9' version so I cant make any true comparisons there.

What I would say is that in my hands I didn't notice the shorter length one bit when casting. I have switched between this rod and several 9' rods of other makes/models many times throughout the course of a day, as I always have many rods rigged with different lines for various scenarios, and never grabbed this rod and noticed the length difference.

For me personally I wouldn't hesitate to grab this rod and head to the beach, but no doubt that's totally dependent on the individual so it's kinda hard for me to really recommend/not recommend it specifically for that purpose. .

I know all this rambling really doesn't help too much lol