Wanted Sage XP 5wt 9'0 Fly Rod

MikeA

Just Hatched
Forum Supporter
I am looking to purchase a sage XP 5wt. 9'0 Fly Rod. Please contact if you would like to sell this model rod.
Thank you,
Mike

Merle

Roy’s cousin
Forum Supporter
I just took a quick look at the big auction site and there were a few...both BIN and auctions. Are you looking for 2pc or 4pc?

MikeA

Just Hatched
Forum Supporter
I just took a quick look at the big auction site and there were a few...both BIN and auctions. Are you looking for 2pc or 4pc?
Either 2 piece or 4 piece. I saw those as well, but I think they are way overpriced. I was hoping for something in the $300-$400 range. Thanks for looking for me.

RCF

Life of the Party
Either 2 piece or 4 piece. I saw those as well, but I think they are way overpriced. I was hoping for something in the $300-$400 range. Thanks for looking for me.

If you have not already, look at recently sold prices for the Sage XP on the big site. Provides some context and helps with expectations...

Merle

Roy’s cousin
Forum Supporter
I try to keep an eye out for good deals on XP's and Z-axis's, but they are still frightfully expensive. Those two models, along with the LL's have a cult following and seem to always fetch top dollar.

Porter2

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
400.00 + is the going rate for the Sage 590-4 XP. The better shape the ^^^. Be glad you don’t want a 691 or 697. Many times they those two rods go for more than original retail. 600 +.

Keep shopping you might find a deal, but I would expect it to be mid 300’s at minimum.

Merle

Roy’s cousin
Forum Supporter
I finally found a 590-4 XP a few years ago on the old site. I think I paid &400+shipping and it was very well used (still totally fishable, no damage, but pretty worn).

The only problem with finally finding one of the really great older rods is I’m afraid to take them out fishing, for fear of breakage.

Jeff Dodd

Steelhead
I picked up an do 510-4 on WFF for $400, and have no regrets.
Never use my do 490-4 and think about listing it for sale, but never get around to it…

Best of luck on your search.

Finding a local to you seller is great, as the seller saves on a boat load of eBay and PayPal fees!

up2nogood

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
I bought the XP on clearance for $300 years ago , 6 weight 2 piece 9’ , if I remember they were $525 . If only I would have known I’d have a 4 , and 5 weight also . :( Also a Winston 2 pc 5 weight IM6 . Those two rods I’ll never part with .

chrome/22

Low profile operator
Forum Supporter
I found the XP 697-4 and a the XP 590-4 on the old site. They were expensive at the time, but are single handers that I really enjoy fishing. I'll never sell them in my lifetime. I'll let my boy know what their resale value is & he can decide what to do with them.