S-s-s-surf perch.....

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
Didn't disappoint. We didn't get into any big mamas and we had to work for them, but found a decent number...

Wish it wasn't so crowded...
1000009057.jpg

Wasn't sure if this was going to be my only one at this point....
1000009056.jpg

But, found a decent number around this size including one that I sight fished in knee deep water...crazy...
1000009055.jpg

🍻

SilverFly

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Nice job. Wow, sight casting to surfperch is a first to my knowledge. I'm generally not bad at spotting fish, and have spent a LOT of time over the years in the surf. In all that time I can only remember seeing 1 of decent size. Hoping to dial in my surf fly game in some more later this summer with a family vacay at Ocean Shores.

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
Nice job. Wow, sight casting to surfperch is a first to my knowledge. I'm generally not bad at spotting fish, and have spent a LOT of time over the years in the surf. In all that time I can only remember seeing 1 of decent size. Hoping to dial in my surf fly game in some more later this summer with a family vacay at Ocean Shores.
That was a first for me....it was crazy....in such a good way

Merle

Roy’s cousin
Forum Supporter
Thanks for the report! What was your set up (rod/line)?

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
Thanks for the report! What was your set up (rod/line)?
7wt, not sure the line, but I think it was an Airflo 250ish grain 30' fast sinking shooting head. 5ish feet of 12lb fluoro. Flies I posted earlier in the vise thread. Today orange was the preferred color.

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
Nice job Randy. Did you keep any to eat?
They were always on the menu on our camping trips as kids to Cape Lookout SP.
SF