RIP Cathy Beck

VAGABOND

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Link doesn’t seem to work. Name & search engine works.

Cathy & Barry always a class act. Met them first at Becky’s in Bewick. Acted as if I were an old friend.

Sad day in Flyfishing World. I bet even the trout Cathy caught liked her.

M_D

Top Notch Mediocre Flyfisher
Forum Supporter
Evidently I’m not the same level of fly fisher as you guys cuz I’ve never heard of her. That said, what a story of a life well lived…..very inspiring….must have been special to actually meet her

ifsteve

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Two of the most well known flyfisher/photographers/travel hosts (for Frontiers) in the fishing world. Hard to imagine not having heard of them .....unless you just are fortunate enough to spend all your time on the water instead of reading about it in the office.....lol

So sad but she died doing what they loved. Hosting a group on Jurassic Lake catching monster rainbows.

Last edited:

Nick Clayton

Fishing Is Neat
Forum Supporter
Evidently I’m not the same level of fly fisher as you guys cuz I’ve never heard of her. That said, what a story of a life well lived…..very inspiring….must have been special to actually meet her

You're not alone. I had never heard of her either. Though I suppose it's likely I've come across her work and didn't realize it.

Sounds like she lived an incredible life. We should all be so lucky.

Reactions: M_D

Lue Taylor

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Met her and Barry at one of the early Sportsman show when the had a casting pool that year Steve Rajeff kept casting into anothers booth pissing them off.
RIP Cathy

Peyton00

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I did a quick read on her bio.

WOW..... an incredible lady. What an amazing way to spend your time.
Living your dreams is the best life.

Reactions: M_D