Ribs

Capt Insano Emeritis

Legend
Forum Supporter
Jeanne’s Bday dinner( for a few days ;)View attachment 85588 and rather well done…Her son is a carnivore. Maybe he can some of the rest home, we had a rack last night.
Okay going to pull it and build a sauce for Bbq sammiches… a reconfigure , pickled veg to cut the richness and maybe super lightly grilled romaine for crunch on sourdough Jeanne just made. Yeah that’s the meal ticket!

Guy Gregory

Semi-retired
Forum Supporter
If I might recommend: With a bit of leftover rib meat trimmed from the bones, I make hash. Fry up some potatoes and onions, maybe a pepper or two and some mushroooms, toss in the chopped rib meat and warm it through. A couple of eggs on top. and whatever you like for the top of that: hot sauce, salt and pepper, etc.

Rib meat is a dandy bacon substitute.

Capt Insano Emeritis

Legend
Forum Supporter
If I might recommend: With a bit of leftover rib meat trimmed from the bones, I make hash. Fry up some potatoes and onions, maybe a pepper or two and some mushroooms, toss in the chopped rib meat and warm it through. A couple of eggs on top. and whatever you like for the top of that: hot sauce, salt and pepper, etc.

Yup she is playing along on her birthday re: breakfast in bed. I asked her if she would like hash - my first thought…She said don’t do that to My ribs… okay then. She is a bigger fan of ribs than I am.

BigSplashTom

Steelhead

Perfect recommendation.
I do Hash all of the time and even do a vegan hash for those family members who took a wrong turn.
One thing I like to add is an Aioli sauce for guests to apply. Makes the pile of meaty goodness pop!