Redington Rods

Russell

Steelhead
I have an older redington spinning rod that the reel seat broke lose and spins. They were lifetime unconditional warrantied and a few years back they said that they would replace it with any rod from their lineup. Never got around to it and was hopping they would launch another round of gear rods that I could replace it with. Well if they will still offer any rod, I was thinking about getting one of the Classic Trouts, any thoughts on best of the lineup?
Are there any other rods they are offering that are any good, Trout spey?

Reactions: Zak

Divad

Whitefish
I think the 3 and 4wt CT are the best in the lineup, with the 4wt being my favorite. I own three of them in 4wt...favorite is the 8'6". Great lake and creek rod. The 4wt Butterstick would be a close second.

I sold my Claymore, not a huge fan of the current trout spey offerings from Redington.

The 3wt Strike would be a fun rod for trout single spey, toss an integrated or skagit head w/ mono and cast it to the moon. I love 3wt Euro rods for trout spey applications, with the added benefit you can toss on a 4wt line for lakes.

troutstalker

Born to Fish...Forced to Work
Forum Supporter
I have the 376-4 and enjoy it. My friend has the 480-4 and really likes it and uses it for rivers, streams and lakes. The 4 weights are going to be more versatile. I really haven't heard anything negative about any of the classic trout models.

Last edited:

Salmo_g

Legend
Forum Supporter
Redington, like Sage, has changed their warranties. So good luck getting them to honor the warranty they made in days gone by.

I have two Redington CTs, the 386-4 and 586-4. I like them both and use the 5 wt almost to the exclusion of my other 5 wts. I have tried casting other Redington rod models, and they just aren't my cup of tea.

Matt B

RAMONES
Forum Supporter
I have a 276 and a 486, and I’ve fished a 490 and a 590. I liked ‘em all (what do you want to do with it?) but I sure do like that 486.

Last edited:

SurfnFish

Legend
Forum Supporter
have the CT 590, like it, my go to dry fly rod, only issue is the line-up dots are off a tad on two sections

Russell

Steelhead
Sounds like somthing in the 8'6" CT line is the ticket. Hopefully the replacement offer still stands from Redington.

Reactions: Zak

Draketake

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
@Russell,

Morning. Would you be kind enough to let us know how this plays out? I love my CT 9 foot 5 weight, so much so Im on my second, Two years ago, I gave my first one away to someone that needed a rod. I missed it so bad I replaced it last Spring. It is an excellent rod for the money.

Stay warm

Bob