Recommend Reading

SteelHeadDave

Broskioner
Forum Supporter
I finally purchased this book after knowing about it for a super long time. I originally saw it in a FS ranger station way back in the day. I’ve thought about it ever since then but just recently made the effort to get it. I’m sure quite a few of you know about this book but for those that don’t I highly recommend it. Early methods of fishing in the PNW. Passed down knowledge incorporated with experimentation and innovation along the way. Almost exclusively using natural materials until outsiders showed up. It makes me wonder about our modern fishing methods and the connections and evolution with early fishermen. Anyway I highly recommend checking it out if you haven’t already.

AA4C992A-43BB-42B7-8237-7400F5DEA86D.jpeg
0B2BA31D-2181-4F33-BDA5-29557616F2CC.jpeg
E122A8A3-E59F-4378-BEFD-B48F79314321.jpeg

TicTokCroc

Sunkist and Sudafed
I finally purchased this book after knowing about it for a super long time. I originally saw it in a FS ranger station way back in the day. I’ve thought about it ever since then but just recently made the effort to get it. I’m sure quite a few of you know about this book but for those that don’t I highly recommend it. Early methods of fishing in the PNW.

That looks really cool, going to have to order.

Tallguy

Steelhead
Those halibut hooks are incredible. I am impressed by them every time. I read somewhere they are super effective too, still, equivalent in holding power to a modern hook.

Mark Melton

Life of the Party
I decided to order the book again after reading Steelhead Dave's account. There were some other articles and a youtube video that were interesting too.