Raft cleaning

rattlesnake

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
I’m starting to use my raft more and had a few questions about maintenance and cleaning

Do you put anything between your raft frame and where it sits on the raft to protect the raft from wear?

What cleaners do you like to clean up where the frame and raft are touching? Does the 303 protectant clean enough or do you like to clean with something else (any suggestions beyond some dawn dish soap?

Thanks

MT406

Steelhead
NRS makes an inflatable raft cleaner that I like. I also use a magic eraser for those pesky frame wear marks. I would apply 303 at the beginning of the season. More applications dependent on use. I had a top chafe installed on my raft, but I’ve seen alot of people with the frames sitting directly on the tubes. I’ve heard of people use simple green…

Last edited:

rattlesnake

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Aire super puma.

The magic eraser is a good idea, didn’t think of that.

Yea I’d 303 at beginning of year but wanted to clean it up a little too.

claude

Smolt
Forum Supporter
NRS raft cleaner, Simple Green and most household cleaners work about the same in my opinion. If frame wear marks get real bad I'll use a liitle Comet powder (or equivalent).
303 now and then depending on amount of use. Chafe strips are nice- if you apply them yourself use the thinnest raft material.

teerex

Just Hatched
Forum Supporter
I use athletic tape under the frame to reduce chafing. Hard to prevent it 100%, but it helps a ton. Cotton tape is biodegradable.

2nd the magic eraser (lightly! - it can shred through hypalon, other coatings) and simple green. After cleaning, 303 a few times a year or less depending on use.