Question for Oregon Drift Boat Guys

Draketake

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Happy Holidays and thanks for looking at my post.

Ive got a 16 foot Fish Rite Driftboat with no motor. It is oar propelled only. I read the Oregon Boat Regulations. From what I can gather, I do not need to Register the boat. Is that correct? Im not the sharpest tool in the shed, so Ill check with you much smarter folks.

Thank you for any and all help.

Bob

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin
You do not need to register unless you put a motor on it. Even then, most the drift boats I see with motors aren't licensed.

Eastside

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I’m from Washington and have to purchase that permit. Not sure about Oregon residents.

PhilR

IDK Man
Forum Supporter
No gas motor, no registration.
No trailer lic either under so many lbs.

This is not correct. From the OSMB website:
Any watercraft with any type of motor must be titled and registered with the Marine Board.

SurfnFish

Legend
Forum Supporter
boat must be registered, trailer does not.
Also a requirement the hull ID# is found on the stern...went through a random launch ramp inspection on the Salmon River after I had refurbished my 84' Clackacraft Power Magnum, and was given a cautionary because the Sheriff could not find it. So imprinted the hull # from the owners certificate onto a dog license blank at the local pet store, and epoxied it into the transom.

dirty dog

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
This is not correct. From the OSMB website:
Any watercraft with any type of motor must be titled and registered with the Marine Board.
Well shoot, glad I didn't get checked.
Looks like I'll get with the program and register