Puget Sound

Wanative

Spawned out Chum
Forum Supporter
Only one landed SRC for me today in the salt. 4 hours on the water and between @Kfish and I, 3 SRC landed, all from the same beach, and yet another random single rezzie. One of the things I love so much about SRC. Certain times of year, you can’t ever really figure them out. Keeps you on your toes.

View attachment 100429

I think we may have popped into the jumbo lake a day or two behind the stocking truck based on stocking reports and the action we found. We only fished for 30 minutes or so and landed 2 each. I don’t think these fish have been in the lake a year which is the last time jumbos were put in per the report on that lake. My guess is they went in Thursday or Friday after the last report out. Nice to feel some weight on the other end of the line but shouldn’t rainbows this size take a little line once hooked and maybe even get you on the reel :).

View attachment 100428

I think this one was a cross between a spawned out humpy and a broodstock bow…

View attachment 100427
Frankenfish😃

Jake Watrous

Legend
Forum Supporter
Ok, I’ve had “It’s a Small World” stuck in my head for the last 16 hours.

Anyone got a good “stripping rhythm” song that’s not an earworm?

Matt B

RAMONES
Forum Supporter
Ok, I’ve had “It’s a Small World” stuck in my head for the last 16 hours.

Anyone got a good “stripping rhythm” song that’s not an earworm?
I think there might be a lot of overlap in this Venn diagram of earworms and songs to strip flies to. By its nature it is a mantra of sorts. But what about “Smells Like Teen Spirit”?
If I have an annoying earworm while fishing I think about “Golden Lady” by Stevie Wonder. That and “Don’t you worry ‘bout a thing.”

troutstalker

Born to Fish...Forced to Work
Forum Supporter
The one song I don’t want to hear right before fishing is 1-8-7-7 KarsforK___. Just typing it is painful 😖 That one will stick with me a good chunk of the time afterwards.

Hahaha...That song is so annoying! It drives me crazy any time I hear it.

Tom Butler

Grandpa, Small Stream Fanatic
Forum Supporter
My wife has "Saturday Night" by the Bay City Rollers on a mixed tape. Evil earworm for stripping. But seems like there is always something heavy that's not a rock after a pause. Just diabolical, I won't even post a link. If you want to torture yourself go ahead.

Pink Nighty

Life of the Party
My wife has "Saturday Night" by the Bay City Rollers on a mixed tape. Evil earworm for stripping. But seems like there is always something heavy that's not a rock after a pause. Just diabolical, I won't even post a link. If you want to torture yourself go ahead.
Any drummer singing lead gets my respect, even if it's a terrible song!

Buzzy

I prefer to call them strike indicators.
Forum Supporter
Puget Sound is about 1,100 miles north of where my wife and I are staying for a bit but I wanted to get this AWESOME thread back onto pictures so here's my "Puget Sound" -
IMG_3467.jpg

I was surprised to see only a few surfers this morning, it seems to me that the waves are plenty large enough to give a surfer a good ride, but I don't know anything about what brings surfers to this beach.

IMG_3464.jpg

It's been pretty chilly (52F this morning), iPhone weather app shows we're going to hit 74 Saturday. Time to play on the beach with the grandkids.

Bagman

Steelhead
Puget Sound is about 1,100 miles north of where my wife and I are staying for a bit but I wanted to get this AWESOME thread back onto pictures so here's my "Puget Sound" -
View attachment 100964

I was surprised to see only a few surfers this morning, it seems to me that the waves are plenty large enough to give a surfer a good ride, but I don't know anything about what brings surfers to this beach.

View attachment 100965

It's been pretty chilly (52F this morning), iPhone weather app shows we're going to hit 74 Saturday. Time to play on the beach with the grandkids.
Since it’s not fishing related would you mind telling me in pm where that pick is from.as an old surfer I would love to know