Puget Sound

DimeBrite

Saltwater fly fisherman
I live about an hour’s drive from the sound (MA10) and am wondering if it is worth my while to drive over for an evening of fishing. I don’t want to fight crowds but there really isn’t a way to ask about particular beaches without upsetting folks. Anyone want to let me know if crowds are still a thing in MA10?
Fish early (before sunrise) and crowds won't be bad on most beaches. It is worth the trip.

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
I live about an hour’s drive from the sound (MA10) and am wondering if it is worth my while to drive over for an evening of fishing. I don’t want to fight crowds but there really isn’t a way to ask about particular beaches without upsetting folks. Anyone want to let me know if crowds are still a thing in MA10?

I will say coho fishing is a bit different than humpy fishing. You will get some crowded beaches with coho fishing, but nothing remotely close in my opinion to what takes place when people are fishing humpies.
I’m with you on not liking to fish around crowds, but some of the best beaches will always have some folks fishing and you can still catch fish with other folks around.
The humpy pressure has really dropped off and most people beach fishing now are targeting coho….and silvers. 😉
SF

Stonedfish

Forum Supporter

Stonedfish

Forum Supporter
1 for 4 this morning. Nothing exceptional landed or lost. Really wimpy eats. I’m hating this weather for fishing. It absolutely sucks.
SF

IMG_4758.jpeg

Stonedfish

Forum Supporter

Wanative

Spawned out Chum
Forum Supporter
@Stonedfish and I were heading to beach #3 after the tide petered out at beach #2.
As we were exiting the water I stumbled on the heavily cobbled barnacle encrusted bottom falling forward in 2 feet of water. It was basically a face plant but my head stayed above water. The waders zipper was down most of the way so I was drenched head to toe. Even before Brian gave a hand up I declared beach #3 null and void for this trip.😅
Fortunately I carry a falling in the water kit in my rig so I a had a dry change of clothes to change into.👍
Besides feeling like a klutz and slight barnacle rash on my hands no harm was done.
Bonus: I didn't join the Puget Sound broken rod club today. 😀

Stonedfish

Forum Supporter
@Stonedfish and I were heading to beach #3 after the tide petered out at beach #2.
As we were exiting the water I stumbled on the heavily cobbled barnacle encrusted bottom falling forward in 2 feet of water. It was basically a face plant but my head stayed above water. The waders zipper was down most of the way so I was drenched head to toe. Even before Brian gave a hand up I declared beach #3 null and void for this trip.😅
Fortunately I carry a falling in the water kit in my rig so I a had a dry change of clothes to change into.👍
Besides feeling like a klutz and slight barnacle rash on my hands no harm was done.

The Russian judge gave you a 8.5, but I considered your dive a 10 ⭐️. You absolutely stuck the landing and would have made Olga Kurbot blush. 😂
Glad you and the rod came out unscathed!
We’ll hit beach #3 another day. I’m fact, I’m heading there right now. 😉
SF

Bagman

Steelhead
Welcome to the Puget Sound dive team. Higher points will be added if you 1. Break your rod, 2. If you jam up your reel, 3. Fill your waders. My first was #3, the second was #2😏