Puget Sound

SKYKO

Tail End Boomer
Forum Supporter
We talked about standard clousers fouling recently in this thread.
I saw this on another site. This is an interesting tie using synthetics that is supposed to help with the fouling issue. I’m not a big fan of synthetics for clousers, but I really like the looks of this one. May need to order some Squimpish hair to give it a try.
SF

Thanks for posting that up, it's fun to see different materials and methods, will try some.

afried

Smolt
Pretty cool and I see the USS John Paul Jones back there (before the "double h(u)ll! ;-)
Walking the beach this morning, not fishing, puzzled to see #53 USS John Paul Jones apparently under tow, heading east into Admiralty Inlet. What’s up with that?

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
I’ve still never done the termite hatch. Always obsessing a little too much over salmon. Really gotta make it happen though.

Even after the flights are done, they will still remember them.
I’ve caught cutts in late September on imitations and if it stays warm, I think in October is definitely doable. Obviously better in a heavy flight year, which this year hasn’t been in my opinion.
I agree though, hard to target cutts when salmon are available.
SF

Vandelay Industries

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Even after the flights are done, they will still remember them.
I’ve caught cutts in late September on imitations and if it stays warm, I think in October is definitely doable. Obviously better in a heavy flight year, which this year hasn’t been in my opinion.
I agree though, hard to target cutts when salmon are available.
SF
Agreed. The focus is currently salmon.

Irafly

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I tried the Du once before last year, but those hos were not bitey, they needed to pink up a bit apparently. Like @Nick Clayton I also found fish to push even me to the point of mercy, and if you know me, that really is saying something. I just… couldn’t… any more… Normally my casting arm or wrist gives, but my stripping biceps and triceps just sorta got squishy and done.IMG_2323.jpegIMG_2317.jpegIMG_2316.jpegIMG_2313.jpeg