Post your favorite fishing shenanigans pictures or stories

CRO

Steelhead
Used to see a beaver on occasion as I walked by the hot spring pool just below Shepards Falls on the Wind.

kerrys

Ignored Member
I can be assured that a beaver or two will scare the shit out of me when fishing the lower Skagit for cutthroat.

Last year I had my first cutthroat stolen by an eagle. Bastard flew a few feet over the top of the boat to get the hooked fish. Scared the us to death when he flew over.

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
Wait, clarkman was swinging and stepping for steelhead, whaaaaaa?!?!
Yeah, I felt like utilizing zero skill and just standing in the water twiddling my thumbs hoping for the best....just one of those type of days I guess...

:ROFLMAO:

I'm only half kidding....the half about me not wanting to have to think about a whole lot...not the skill part, since I know that it does actually take skill to present a swung fly properly to a pea-brained steelhead. I just happen to prefer to either actually catch them (i.e. bead/nymph/fly-jig) or strip streamers for them (more active, less effective than either nymphing or swinging).

PhilR

IDK Man
Forum Supporter
Yeah, I felt like utilizing zero skill and just standing in the water twiddling my thumbs hoping for the best....just one of those type of days I guess...

I'm only half kidding....the half about me not wanting to have to think about a whole lot...not the skill part, since I know that it does actually take skill to present a swung fly properly to a pea-brained steelhead. I just happen to prefer to either actually catch them (i.e. bead/nymph/fly-jig) or strip streamers for them (more active, less effective than either nymphing or swinging).
Clarkman: "yeah, I'll swing, and catch fish, but I won't like it, and you can't make me like it, but I'll do it"

Yard Sale

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter

How I picture Clarkman:

rightarm.jpg

SurfnFish

Legend
Forum Supporter
in our late 20's, buddy and I were hot footing along the Pit River to the Powerhouse #3 honeyhole, running and jumping large boulder to large boulder, just having fun..mid air realized I was about to land on a large coiled rattler...have no idea how I managed to shift landing legs, touch down alongside the rattler instead of on it and spring off...my friend trailing behind said the rattler launched wide mouthed and missed my ass by inches. Recall having more beers than usual around the camp fire that evening...

swimmy

An honest tune with a lingering lead
The night @Freestone picked out my outfit

IMG_4747.JPG

longputt

Steelhead
I don't seem to recall the fun that was had during this game of reverse Jenga but I bet @PhilR and friends had a blast!

diVRjw9.jpg
You are so lucky...my friends bring Sharpie pens...you fall asleep and your face is graffiti...one time we painted a buddies face and went to a great Italian restaurant in Yakima (excellent onion rings) and the waitress looked at our buddy and turned to us taggers and said you guys are awful. We laughed for hours!

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
You are so lucky...my friends bring Sharpie pens...you fall asleep and your face is graffiti...one time we painted a buddies face and went to a great Italian restaurant in Yakima (excellent onion rings) and the waitress looked at our buddy and turned to us taggers and said you guys are awful. We laughed for hours!
they were all talking about how much they wished they had a sharpie the next morning....fortunately, no one brought one....

Bhudda

Your daddy
@Bhudda, myself and someone else(maybe Ben?) floated the lower Sauk to Fabers one fine spring day, it was bright sun and low water kinda day.
On atleast 3 different occasions throughout the day Jeff would stand on the edge of the drift boat checking out the runs as we would come to shore to fish and every time I warned him to center up and too not lean over the edge dropping the chine lower.
Well as we were coming into the last run on the Sauk and I didn't say anything this time as Jeff just stepped to the side of my boat. I may have or not seen a rock to avoid ;). The boat hits said rock and comes to an abrupt stop, Jeff pitches forward and almost caught himself but missed, and in he went.
Luckily it was in shallow water and it was a supper nice day, I don't think he got more than his arms wet, but I laughed my ass off the rest of the day!
That was El Diablo! Laker