NFR Pizza

Non-fishing related

Lue Taylor

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
I am sure some of you have ordered Pizza lately well today was my first in years since the Covid I just don't eat out. I told my son I would buy Pizza for lunch today plus get to see my Grandson, Sh@t 2 Pizzas was over $60 bucks with an order of Pasta noodles with chicken a $100 with tip I thought it was going to be $50 the most I had to did in my extra cash bag. The money i spent for Pizza today I could eat real good for two weeks I spent $64 at Fred Meyers ate for two weeks

RCF

Life of the Party
Domino's is $7 for a medium. Have to buy 2 of them.
Spot Bar and Grill is $15 - $26 per 16" pizza.

Edited to add updated Spot pizza pricing. Definitely a price increase but worth it...

Last edited:

mcswny

Legend
Forum Supporter
A large pizza from one of our favorite places is 28$ but it's high quality. Domino's, Lil Ceasars, etc still pretty cheap but... low quality.
What’s your favorite spot? I love pizza, so I’m always curious what’s peoples favorite in town (I know you’re a bit further west..)

TicTokCroc

Sunkist and Sudafed
What’s your favorite spot? I love pizza, so I’m always curious what’s peoples favorite in town (I know you’re a bit further west..)
It's called Jersey Girl Pizza. The G.O.A.T. is usually the first choice, has figs, goat cheese, real pepperoni that cups/curls when cooked.

Josh

Dead in the water
Staff member
Admin
Pizza prices really range depending on where you get them these days. As you found out, you can pay a ton. Dominos or Papa Murpheys is probably the best bet for anyone looking to stay on the cheap side.

mcswny

Legend
Forum Supporter
Looks good. What do you use for red sauce?

Super simple. Find the best tomato’s to your palate. I prefer Bianco Dinapilo. I prefer whole peeled and then run them through a food mill and include the juices. While the crushed is easier, it ends up being thicker once cooked down on the pie than I prefer. 2 tbsp olive oil, 1 tsp salt and 2 minced garlic cloves. It doesn’t get pre cooked. I also like to make it the day before so the flavors can meld.

Yard Sale

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
You come through here enough, check out Solstice in hood river. True pizza over and locally sourced toppings.

Double Mountain makes a good one but dont drink more than one beer. Their heirloom pizza in the fall is killer.

Tim L

Stillwater Strategist
Forum Supporter
I am sure some of you have ordered Pizza lately well today was my first in years since the Covid I just don't eat out. I told my son I would buy Pizza for lunch today plus get to see my Grandson, Sh@t 2 Pizzas was over $60 bucks with an order of Pasta noodles with chicken a $100 with tip I thought it was going to be $50 the most I had to did in my extra cash bag. The money i spent for Pizza today I could eat real good for two weeks I spent $64 at Fred Meyers ate for two weeks
LT if you and Steve didn't spend so much on C Royal you could afford good pizza ☝️😉🥃

mcswny

Legend
Forum Supporter
You come through here enough, check out Solstice in hood river. True pizza over and locally sourced toppings.

Double Mountain makes a good one but dont drink more than one beer. Their heirloom pizza in the fall is killer.
I know, I need to get there. I always end up going to phriem, I need to break out of my usual.

jasmillo

}=)))*>
Forum Supporter
Or just come to my house! View attachment 54990

Or mine! I love making pizza. I started out of “necessity” two decades ago being an east coast pizza guy in the former “good pizza desert” known as the American west. Not the case anymore. You can find decent pizza all over now. As a pizza snob, I can think of 4 solid spots on Bainbridge Island alone. The good stuff is generally not cheap though. I still make it every Friday for traditions sake, even with so many options available.

9403FB4A-484A-41F2-AE3A-E92EEF34150A.jpeg

A5FAA9E0-6EFB-4B06-AF4E-290613D9743E.jpeg

Shad

Life of the Party
Or just come to my house! View attachment 54990
I do this, too...a lot. When I make sourdough bread, I usually make some extra dough, just for this purpose. A simple tomato sauce is sometimes great, but these days, I use a light coating of olive oil as the base for most of my pizzas. Not much I won't put on a pizza. Fun... easy... delicious... what's not to love?

On topic, I go for the $7.99 carryout special at Domino's on the rare occasion I need something quick and generally accepted. Delivered, the same pizza probably costs 20 bucks or more.... It helps a lot that my nearest Domino's is within easy walking distance; if you have to drive a ways or deal with traffic to pick it up, the savings of carryout become much less valuable. Convenience, in general, has gotten much more expensive over the past 5 years or so....

mcswny

Legend
Forum Supporter
Or mine! I love making pizza. I started out of “necessity” two decades ago being an east coast pizza guy in the former “good pizza desert” known as the American west. Not the case anymore. You can find decent pizza all over now. As a pizza snob, I can think of 4 solid spots on Bainbridge Island alone. The good stuff is generally not cheap though. I still make it every Friday for traditions sake, even with so many options available.

View attachment 55007

View attachment 55008

I need to get me some of those pizza trays!