clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
Let’s get Randy!
🤦‍♂️

star-wars-anakin-skywalker.gif

dep

Steelhead
Well, I did what I could with what I had. I have exactly zero markers or materials the color of the darker gray/blue, but the two lighter blue bucktails I have are really close to the two lighter blue, but I added some other darker blue highlights plus the blue flash brought that together pretty well. Lots of black obviously since that's what I have the most of (feathers and dubbing for the head).

5MOJ1qJ.jpg

gkDZNgk.jpg

I'm a little disappointed that you can't see the different shades of blue bucktail very well in the pic.
sending money - awesome. I may ask for another one, with slightly different colors.

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
sending money - awesome. I may ask for another one, with slightly different colors.
PM me with specifics before I get started so I can see what I have. Most of my primary saddles are chartreuse, black, tan. I have a little bit of that darker blue, pink and orange, but length is limited at this time. Marker wise I have just about everything (except for that one darker blue/gray of course).

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
Well, those big changers are both difficult to get perfect and use a ton of material (and time)....but still!

Mine are more in line with the River Pig with regard to total amount of material, but there are a few extras thrown into mine. River Pig is more of a jiggy action (honestly, I've never done well with that out here, but some of the Midwest river guys swear by it).

Billy

Big poppa
Staff member
Admin
Custom bass swim baits are sometimes in the hundreds. Seems lashing a bunch of fur and feathers down to a hook to imitate a baitfish should be of equil value IMHO.

Dustin Chromers

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Well, those big changers are both difficult to get perfect and use a ton of material (and time)....but still!

Mine are more in line with the River Pig with regard to total amount of material, but there are a few extras thrown into mine. River Pig is more of a jiggy action (honestly, I've never done well with that out here, but some of the Midwest river guys swear by it).

Yours are of way better quality than the river pig. I wouldn't fish the pig. I'm an absolute perfectionist with musky flies. Mainly the way they swim must be perfect. They gotta be symmetrical in action and be walking the dog with little inputs and pose well on the pause.

That said you may have underestimated your market. Customers should pay the shipping with a deal on shipping for quantity, say a five pack for a chill C note if you are stuck on twenty as a number. I think you could go higher.. Not trying to backseat drive your venture but I think your craft is worth more than the initial IPO. With proper marketing of the name and term "Randy" you could probably quit your day job.

Many attempts at musky stuff are over dressed or concepts that are flawed. For this reason I only fish my own flies and am almost superstitious about action. Yours are of the variety I would happily entrust the fate of my day to and that puts them in a very exclusive group. Yours are pretty, have style, and appear that they will fish well.

"When you want to wake up a disinterested musky for some first light action tie on a Randy one!"

"A Randy one can make a shy fish into a lusty musky."

"Even if the moon ain't right but you're looking for a fight swim a Randy one past her. The significant cock sure wiggle of a Randy built bug can put them in the mood no matter what the celestial cycle has to say about it."

"Never a bad lie to swim a Randy fly by."

Dustin Chromers

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter

Dustin Chromers

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
PM me with specifics before I get started so I can see what I have. Most of my primary saddles are chartreuse, black, tan. I have a little bit of that darker blue, pink and orange, but length is limited at this time. Marker wise I have just about everything (except for that one darker blue/gray of course).

Never underestimate the old school red head with a white body. It's simple, timeless, and harkens back to the wood plugs in grandpa's tackle box. Some of my best musky have been from that colour combo. For a changeup I'll use chartreuse, orange, or yellow on the head but the red head is always my go to out of the gate. Which reminds me......

"The Randy Redhead is a head turner indeed. Sugar and spice and all things nice. That's
if you're a musky whose been transfixed by that significant wiggle only a Randy built bug has straight out of the box. No need to trim our bugs to alter the action. Simply fish au natural. Our bugs are built from the most primo tail and put together proper. You can always have confidence in that flirtatious action with the attention of anything with fins in eye shot when there's a Randy Redhead on your line. If you're not careful that won't be the only thing on your line."

Last edited: