Paging @clarkman

PhilR

IDK Man
Forum Supporter
upsize?...so you would have to fold it in half to get it into a gallon zip lock bag upsize?...
His fly box is basically a mailing tube at this point

Dustin Chromers

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I have an Albright 10wt, and a couple of warmwater lines for it, but I only paid like $100 for it, so if it broke it's really no biggie. It's a decent fast action rod, just found it on a super discount years ago. I would be more concerned with the reel blowing up.. I would have to buy an appropriate line to turn over those big assed flies! Sounds like fun though. I've used it for Humpies a few times, but bought it because it was a deal and I wanted a 10wt for bluewater fishing! I've cast some big assed flies for steelhead on the Queets and a few other OP rivers..

Musky won't break a reel. I play them with line in hand much of the time as they hit close to the boat and they tire fast. They are explosive for about ten seconds then they are winded.

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
Musky won't break a reel. I play them with line in hand much of the time as they hit close to the boat and they tire fast. They are explosive for about ten seconds then they are winded.
Maybe Bill was referring to gar, which I have no idea how they act (wish I did!), but yeah, I honestly can't remember a single time I've put a musky on the reel.

SilverFly

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Maybe Bill was referring to gar, which I have no idea how they act (wish I did!), but yeah, I honestly can't remember a single time I've put a musky on the reel.

I'd tend to think anything that's survived the dinosaurs would fight like hell all the way to the boat.