OPEN SEAT (Jorma Kaukonen at Triple Door)

Phil K

AKA Philonius
Forum Supporter
Maybe this belongs in the classified.....?

If you know him, this needs no embellishment. I have one extra ticket to see Jorma on 7/28 at the Triple Door in Seattle. This is probably the best place in town to see music (IMHO), and I have some of the finest seats in the house. If you're interested, and a cool person (MANDATORY!) you could join me and a my buddies. Tickets are a whopping $56. Shocker!

I'm hoping to figure this out before taking off for the mountains on 7/23 (back 7/27 late in the day), so lemmie know ASAP.

adamcu280

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
it’s gone and I’m not even in the state and doubtful I’m cool enough but Jorma….. what a legend!

Phil K

AKA Philonius
Forum Supporter
One of my so-called friends finally came through. I would never have guessed how hard I'd have to work finding three other people to fill our booth.

Last edited:

Bass-O-Matic

Life of the Party
Jorma is consider "The Keeper of the SF Bay Blues Tradition". He and Jack once played at a friends house back in the seventies after an gig in Carlisle, PA. House was a Civil War Mansion on a reflection pond... quite a night 🥳

Ceviche

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
I’ve seen Jorma twice. First time with John Hammond. When he’s off, he’s darn good. When he’s on, he’s intense. Doesn’t matter if he’s solo acoustic guitar or on electric. That dude can play!

I was hoping to go to the show but was too slow to pull the trigger. By the time I was ready, all that was left were tables in lousy locations and had to purchase all the seats at a table. Nope.

Zak

Legend
I’ve seen Jorma twice. First time with John Hammond. When he’s off, he’s darn good. When he’s on, he’s intense. Doesn’t matter if he’s solo acoustic guitar or on electric. That dude can play!

I was hoping to go to the show but was too slow to pull the trigger. By the time I was ready, all that was left were tables in lousy locations and had to purchase all the seats at a table. Nope.
John Hammond, another great!

Salmo_g

Legend
Forum Supporter
Sometimes I wonder about you Salmo...
😅😁😅
OK, an explanation by way of personal history. Sure, I'm a product of the 60s, but I grew up in south Thurston County listening to AM Seattle radio via low grade radios, so garbled sound was normal to my experience. Couple that with a slight hearing deficiency such that I seldom could understand song lyrics. I'm almost like the person who thought "Ticket to Ride" was the Beatles singing, "She's got a chicken to ride . . ." OK, not quite that bad, but almost. If you and I talk on the phone, I'll understand about half the words you're saying. Which is one reason why I'm not a big fan of phone conversations. Couple the above with me never having subscribed to Rolling Stone or otherwise following the back stories of the rock or pop music industries. I was lucky to piece together which bands did which songs, let alone learning the names of band members. Hence some cultural illiteracy I've maintained to this day. Does this mean I have to turn in my Hippie card?