Official 2024 NFL Season Discussion

DimeBrite

Saltwater fly fisherman
1935956554.0.jpg
They might only flag/fine the hip drop tackle when the defender is rolling up onto the ball carrier's lower legs.
15s.hipdropWEB.jpg

JudyM

Steelhead
The Boz wrecked his ass with the Roids
Later that season, prior to the Seahawks' second matchup with the Los Angeles Raiders, Bosworth publicly claimed that he was going to "contain" Raiders running back Bo Jackson. During a red zone play, Jackson received a hand-off and powered through Bosworth's attempted tackle to score a touchdown. According to Jackson, when he and Bosworth got to their feet after the play was over, he told Bosworth, "Next time, make sure you have a bus fare," infuriating Bosworth.[13] The Raiders went on to win that game, 37–14, thanks in part to Jackson's 3 touchdowns and 221 rushing yards.[14]

Dr. Magill

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Later that season, prior to the Seahawks' second matchup with the Los Angeles Raiders, Bosworth publicly claimed that he was going to "contain" Raiders running back Bo Jackson. During a red zone play, Jackson received a hand-off and powered through Bosworth's attempted tackle to score a touchdown. According to Jackson, when he and Bosworth got to their feet after the play was over, he told Bosworth, "Next time, make sure you have a bus fare," infuriating Bosworth.[13] The Raiders went on to win that game, 37–14, thanks in part to Jackson's 3 touchdowns and 221 rushing yards.[14]
Yes
Watched it on tv

DimeBrite

Saltwater fly fisherman

Bo Jackson hip pop tackle

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
They might only flag/fine the hip drop tackle when the defender is rolling up onto the ball carrier's lower legs.
honestly might not be a terrible idea. could be a career ender with some knee and ankle stuff.

Just like all other rules introduced within the last decade plus, players will get used to it and so will we, the fans. The point is to keep star players on the field. I watched some of the kickoff stuff from the old XFL and actually look forward to the kickoff actually mattering again. It'll be cool to see what plays the special teams coaches come up with there.

SurfnFish

Legend
Forum Supporter
Assuming everyone has seen the new kick-off rules, Andy Reid shows once again why he can out coach the rest, having just signed a Welsh rugby star to the team for kick-off returns...for those dudes, it's all about busting through close contact. Another plus, NFL allows an extra player on the team if a non-American international player.

Brute

Legend
Forum Supporter
image.jpgimage.jpg

Dr. Magill

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
My belief is by taking the hip drop tackle out of the game the yards after contact will increase. Instead of dropping the man the defender will need to run the feet instead. Most of these tackles are from behind

Peyton00

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
KC chiefs Rashee Rice is in trouble for racing his car, wrecking it and multiple vehicles, causing injury to others and then fleeing the scene on foot.

cedarslug

Steelhead

charles sullivan

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Absolutely disgusting behavior from Rasheed. Even more unforgivable considering that Andy Reid's son, Britt Reid drove drunk and injured multiple people, including a child. The child is still facing a hard road to recovery since she suffered brain injuries. If that doesn't make you upset, the dumbass MO governor, Mike Parsons, commuted Britt Reid's sentence

Missouri governor commutes sentence of ex-NFL coach Britt Reid in DWI crash that severely injured child - ABC News
I can understand your sentiment.
I always think of Michael Jordan's response to his fathers killing when I think about the different perspectives on justice:

"You believe an eye for an eye until you are put in that situation. If they kill those guys, it really doesn’t mean much to me. My father is gone."

I have always thought that it was a very healthy way for him to deal with the trial of his fathers killers and the punishment phase of it. I don't take issue with people wanting maximum punishments for crimes. I do think that I would hope to be more like Jordan if it happened to me.

Canuck from Kansas

Aimlessly wondering through life
Forum Supporter
no idea if this is legit or not....don't care though. It would be hilarious!

It's an extension of an existing 3/8-cent sales tax - it'll pass.

Go three-peat!!

OK, so I was wrong.

Royals and Chiefs, welcome to Johnson County?