Non-Fly Odd chloro shot

SilverFly

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Being stuck on the tuna sidelines for a few more weeks, all I can do is read reports and look at SST/chloro charts.

I'd be interested to hear thoughts on what color breaks on this unusual shot look good.

To me the obvious spot is the break at the 46 corners. But also wondering about the inside edge of the giant green blob straight out at the 125.45. Or .... ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230815_102346_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230815_102346_Chrome.jpg
    436.1 KB · Views: 22

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin
Being stuck on the tuna sidelines for a few more weeks, all I can do is read reports and look at SST/chloro charts.

I'd be interested to hear thoughts on what color breaks on this unusual shot look good.

To me the obvious spot is the break at the 46 corners. But also wondering about the inside edge of the giant green blob straight out at the 125.45. Or .... ?
It's kind of been going in and out there, but the fish don't seem to be moving in and out with it much. Of course, a few will always come in closer, but not enough to spend much time targeting.

When I went out a couple weeks ago, the clean water started WAY inside. Like the 124.35 or so. We even stopped to salmon fish on the way back just around there and had a hard time feeling confident because it still looked like tuna water. Didn't seem to get back to that "salmon water" look until a few miles before we hit the CR buoy. hit a tide rip with a bunch of kelp, and bam! Dirty water again.

A few days ago, that same hard break was way out at about 124.52. But since mid July, the fish all seem to be bouncing in and out of that 124.55-125.15 area.