Not prepared for this ant-fall!

Zak

Legend
I found one on my pillow once in Santa Fe. I had no idea what it was and it freaked me out a bit. I think my roommate called them "children of the earth" or something like that.

Northern

Seeking SMB
Forum Supporter
I found one on my pillow once in Santa Fe. I had no idea what it was and it freaked me out a bit. I think my roommate called them "children of the earth" or something like that.
Lol - that definitely doesn't make them less creepy!

Reactions: Zak

Brian Miller

Be vewy vewy quiet, I'm hunting Cutthwoat Twout
Forum Supporter

Jim F.

Still a Genuine Montana Fossil
There's a couple places around here where they are fairly common. The Kids got a big charge out of finding them. They can give you an attention-getting pinch if you're not careful, as can Sun Spiders/Wind Spiders. Sun Spiders (Solifugae) are incredibly fast in every direction.

Sam Roffe

If a man ain't fishing...
Forum Supporter
Now, after reading the article in the Taos News, if I come across one of those things I won't be as creeped out.

Northern

Seeking SMB
Forum Supporter
There's a couple places around here where they are fairly common. The Kids got a big charge out of finding them. They can give you an attention-getting pinch if you're not careful, as can Sun Spiders/Wind Spiders. Sun Spiders (Solifugae) are incredibly fast in every direction.
No thank you, on the Sun Spiders!