Not fly fishing but…

Roper

Idiot Savant, still
Forum Supporter
We had a great day shrimping in the San Juans yesterday thanks to Rick Todd (don’t know his username on the new board). We launched from Bellingham in a morning chop for the southwest corner of Orcas Island. Our luck was slow to get started but we kept at it for a decent haul. @Zak got his first experience of the process and he really enjoyed it. @Scott Salzer was there too and played sandwich chef for us for lunch. It was great fun except for losing a pot, it’s a mystery for sure. We all have some great meals coming up and memories of the day.

IMG_7823.jpegIMG_7831.jpegIMG_7834.jpegIMG_7836.jpegIMG_7846.jpeg

Nick Clayton

Fishing Is Neat
Forum Supporter
It can be remarkably easy to lose a pot up there. With the strong current, and a big tide like yesterday, doesn't take much to lose one.

Those shrimp may just be at the top of the list when it comes to what the PNW has to offer for delicious seafood. It's scary how many of the damn things I can eat. Plus it's a heck of a lot of fun!

Looks like a great day!

Scott Salzer

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Any spot prawn recipes out there? I tend to like simple stuff - butter, garlic, red pepper flakes.

Other suggestions are appreciated

Thanks to RT and the rest of the crew.

Old Micro Brew... yep, we had some.

Reactions: Zak

Paige

Wishing I was fishing the Sauk
Definitely one of the tastiest little morsels around these parts!

We lost a crab pot today, luckily we found it an inch under at low tide :p

Nick Clayton

Fishing Is Neat
Forum Supporter
I don't think you could possibly cook those things in a way where they weren't delicious, so it kinda just comes down to how much effort you want to put in and how fancy you want to get.

I think my favorite way to eat them is just boiled then eaten cold. I like simple personally. They are just so sweet they don't need much to help them along.