Not a real trip TR

Needed to be in Bend on Sunday, left home mid-day Saturday and returned today got in a couple quick evening and morning sessions in search of a summer run but alas no luck but it was really nice all the same, some pics . Sheep, snakes and turkeys Oh My.. not a rattler, maybe a gopher snake?20230828_072444.jpg20230828_072358.jpg20230828_055720.jpg20230827_185833.jpg20230827_071728.jpg20230827_062408.jpg20230827_071714.jpg

Yard Sale

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Nice! We probably crossed paths at some point. I rolled in late Friday. Spent Saturday working my way down to Mack’s then Sunday morning working back out. White truck, red shell.
No steel for me either but some mid day trout spey kept thing interesting. It was just nice to swing some clean water after a couple months off!

But that road…..

IMG_4233.jpeg

SKYKO

Tail End Boomer
Forum Supporter
I think we did, I'm pretty certain you were chilling out in the shade of your canopy at what I call the pyramid rock run waiting for shade on the water, essentially the bottom of the whole ferry canyon pipeline. I took the last pullout below you and fished that little cove and the tailout below it. Hope you didn't think I low holed yah, I've always considered those two separate pieces of water given the distances. I was in a white 4runner and just dirt bag camped in the back between running up to Bend. It was great to get out there, I did get a few red sides on a small hairwing.

I'll stop and say Hey if I see you again.

Yard Sale

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I think we did, I'm pretty certain you were chilling out in the shade of your canopy at what I call the pyramid rock run waiting for shade on the water, essentially the bottom of the whole ferry canyon pipeline. I took the last pullout below you and fished that little cove and the tailout below it. Hope you didn't think I low holed yah, I've always considered those two separate pieces of water given the distances. I was in a white 4runner and just dirt bag camped in the back between running up to Bend. It was great to get out there, I did get a few red sides on a small hairwing.

I'll stop and say Hey if I see you again.

Cool. You certainly didn't bother me!

Ethics on a run like that are weird to me. Its so long I think 3-4 people fit just fine. I'd totally be fine with a person per pull out dropping in, yet i feel weird dropping in if anybody is in it already. In fact I felt weird just chilling by my truck like I was holding my spot when really I just wanted to get out of camp and look at the water. I actually would have been stoked to watch somebody fish it while I waited for last light.

Be sure to stop by next time we cross paths. Odds are pretty good I'll have a cold beer to share.

SKYKO

Tail End Boomer
Forum Supporter
I'm with yah on that but it's a great spot to have a seat, legs dangling and ponder. Upsides and downsides.