No 2023 Fly Fishing Show In The PNW........

Ron McNeal

Sound, Light, and Frequency...............
Forum Supporter
Here's the just-released 2023 Schedule:

• Marlborough, Mass. – Jan. 20, 21, and 22 at Royal Plaza Trade Center
  • Edison, NJ – Jan. 27, 28, and 29 at New Jersey Convention and Exposition Center
  • Atlanta, GA – Feb. 3, 4, and 5 at Gas South Convention Center, Duluth
  • Denver, Colo. – Feb. 17, 18, and 19 at Gaylord Rockies Resort & Convention Center
  • Pleasanton, Calif. – Feb. 24, 25, and 26 at Alameda County Fairgrounds
  • Lancaster, Penn. – March 4 and 5 at Lancaster County Convention Center.
#%^*)!>"$#&^

Looking forward to Ashland's (should read "Albany's") Expo in '23......

Last edited:

Bob N

Steelhead
Here's the just-released 2023 Schedule:

• Marlborough, Mass. – Jan. 20, 21, and 22 at Royal Plaza Trade Center
  • Edison, NJ – Jan. 27, 28, and 29 at New Jersey Convention and Exposition Center
  • Atlanta, GA – Feb. 3, 4, and 5 at Gas South Convention Center, Duluth
  • Denver, Colo. – Feb. 17, 18, and 19 at Gaylord Rockies Resort & Convention Center
  • Pleasanton, Calif. – Feb. 24, 25, and 26 at Alameda County Fairgrounds
  • Lancaster, Penn. – March 4 and 5 at Lancaster County Convention Center.
#%^*)!>"$#&^

Looking forward to Ashland's Expo in '23......
Do you mean Albany’s show ?

kmudgn

Steelhead
I stopped going to the Marlboro show about 5 years ago. Vendor participation diminished, "seminars" are recycled from year to year, and ability to try out new equipment reduced. Even the number of fly tyers has dwindled. Seems just a place for people to try and sell you gear you don't need.

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin
Personal opinion: These days, I think other than seeing some folks you may know from out of town who may be there at these shows, going to a local fly shop can be as good or better of an experience. The same gear is there, and they actually know how it all applies to your local fisheries.

I've been to over 80 of these shows in my career in this industry.. They definitely have their strong points, but think it's diminishing year over year.

FinLuver

Native Oregonian…1846
A bunch of fuddy-duddies…

Join the experience…be an “educator”…make the experience worth attending.

Ps: ya don’t have to buy stuff. Heck…I give a handout and the fly I tie to those who stop by n say hi. 😁

Salmo_g

Legend
Forum Supporter
going to a local fly shop can be as good or better of an experience.
A good fly shop is a good experience, but none that I've been to come close to the variety of things that a fly fishing expo offers. I've bought a lot of things over the years at shows that I haven't seen in any fly shops.

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin
A good fly shop is a good experience, but none that I've been to come close to the variety of things that a fly fishing expo offers. I've bought a lot of things over the years at shows that I haven't seen in any fly shops.
Could be getting jaded after being to a lot of those shows on the vendor side :ROFLMAO: - been over 6yrs since my last one though.

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
Never thought the Bellevue then Lynnwood shows were that great after attending both.
It turned out to be a good weekend to fish while others were at the show.
SF

PhilR

IDK Man
Forum Supporter
The beauty of Albany is that it's mainly a fly-tying show (but others feel free to correct me). Dozens of tyers at a time, showing off different styles and techniques, and who enjoying sharing tips and trick. Plus, some good raffles, and I'll always remember Frank Moore roll casting 50 feet into some guy's coffee cup.

Mossback

Fear My Powerful Emojis 😆
Forum Supporter
Never thought the Bellevue then Lynnwood shows were that great after attending both.
It turned out to be a good weekend to fish while others were at the show.
SF
Seen one of those, seen 'em all.
The Atlantic Salmon Fly show in Renton about 5 yars ago was very good, scored some nice materials and witnessed some super talented fly tyers.