NFR What is your algorithm feed telling you?

Wadin' Boot

Badly tied flies, mediocre content
Forum Supporter
So the algorithm for internet bots spying on me thinks I am more interested in some things than I am. And then I think maybe it's the other way around, maybe the algorithm is destiny, and that I should be interested in these things because the algorithm is right.

Just in general, say facebook thinks I am really interested in gutter guards to block leaf litter. I am not.

And youtube is absolutely convinced all I want to watch is Tsunami videos or vids about guys who build survival shelters in the wilderness. Or guys who retrieve 4wds stuck in the Utah deserts.

So I guess I should be thinking about building a miserable, smoky, damp, dark, drafty log hut at some snowy place close to the Utah desert. The hut has a crude chimney, moss roof and really nice gutters a couple of feet higher than the highest point a tsunami ( a Utah-nami?) could reach. This place would be for just me. A kind of humorless Walden-like place but without fishable waters. With tow trucks to help me out should I get stuck.

Curious to see what others have as their "bot destiny"

RCF

Life of the Party
Between use of ad blocker and use of Incognito mode, especially when shopping online, I see very few ads/internet bots.

On a VS site only 22 ads are blocked for each page I may look at.

Some sites will not allow me to view their web pages due to ad blocker or Incognito mode. So I don't. Their loss and my gain...

If I mess up and use the standard window in Chrome and ads start to pop up, I just delete my cookies.

Have not researched other web browsers. I hear some are great.