NFR Spokane Fires

Guy Gregory

Semi-retired
Forum Supporter
As many of you may be aware, we’ve burned over 20000 acres in the Spokane area, losing hundreds of structures many of which are homes. Many of those folks are outdoor people, lots of whom are fly anglers or otherwise anglers who’ve worked hard for wildlife and fish.

There’s lots of gofundme’s and such, I’ve no way to assess the legitimacy of any of them. But, if you have a couple of extra bucks, a donation to the American Red Cross would get to those who need it. Thanks

jact55

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I live in the general area, I was just over the hill from the level 3 line. Bad bad day for a lot of folks.

I've been thinking of donating a day or a weekend to service, whatever that may be. Cleaning, rebuilding, whatever.

Do you have any idea how to best go about finding out how to do this? Reach out to red cross or maybe salvation army? Or any other charities/comanies that may be needing unskilled labor?

Guy Gregory

Semi-retired
Forum Supporter
No, but Spokane County Emergency Management, the local American Red Cross would be places to start, the animal shelters need help, the school districts and individual churches and fire districts would also be in touch.