NFR Rock and Roll

East Coaster

Steelhead
Sorry to hear this news, he was one of the greats. Here's a more recent example, showing he still had that magic tone (and Johnny Depp surprised me with how well he sings here):

mems

Steelhead
Saw him live at the uptown theater in Chicago for his wired tour. He played a number of songs from Blow by Blow album. I am listening to Rough and Ready album right now. He was an amazing artist, loved to break all the rules and conventions of guitar playing.

I used to put Blow By Blow on high volume mornings after a heavy night of partying. If that didn’t clear the brain fog, nothing would! I haven’t listened to his guitar for years, but will dial up some over the next few days.

RCF

Life of the Party
Early Yardbird members were the basis of so many great rock 'n roll bands. Jimmy Page, Jeff Beck and Eric Clapton to name a few...

Over, Under, Sideways, Down...
Heart Full of Soul
For Your Love

Incredible guitarist...

RIP Jeff Beck...

Last edited:

Canuck from Kansas

Aimlessly wondering through life
Forum Supporter
One of the altimeter greats, we are losing so many oof them, RIP Mr Beck!

Brute

Legend
Forum Supporter
I had most of his albums, including early Yardbirds…I saw him play in MSG during Eric Clapton’s Crossroads concert on day 2…

He was awesome and unique…

"Cause we've ended as lovers"..... No lyrics.... just his guitar gently weeping.....anyone that has lost a lover can feel his music, to the core of their soul.