NFR Query - Yakima restaurants

albula

We are all Bozos on this bus
Forum Supporter
Have to spend the night tomorrow in/near Yakima to pick up a boat Monday AM. Does anyone have a can't miss restaurant suggestion. Love real Mexican and have absolutely no aversion to any non-gringo beaks and feet cuisine.

Jake Watrous

Legend
Forum Supporter
Los Hernandez Tamales.

Their amazing asparagus tacos aren’t in season, but I’ve never had a bad anything there.

Bob Rankin

Wandering the country with rifle and spey rod.
Forum Supporter
Cowiche Canyon all the way. Also Antojitos is the real deal!

James St. Clair

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
This place is my favorite for real Mexican food. A 25 minute drive from Yakima.

This place is a bit spendy, but puts pretty much any other restaurant in Yakima to shame.

I am not a fan of Cowiche Canyon (no offense Bob). They haven't changed their menu since it opened, and it's a little spendy for the quality of food. I also do not like shoestring French fries, and they basically fill your plate with them instead of good food.

albula

Forum Supporter
Show us your boat!
Not particularly fond of the NASCAR type color or graphics but to get the dull color I wanted meant waiting 3 to 4 months for a 2024 and spending an extra 5k for the exact same hull and motor. Decided I would try to live with it and just get a wrap if I couldn't. It has only been 1 day and the verdict is still out. Maybe I'll just get some clothing with a bunch of graphics and a number on the back so I fit in. And work on my southern twang. At any rate as equipped my guess is this will efficiently do the job and for a while be the 10th last boat I plan on buying.

PXL_20231128_231158104.jpgPXL_20231128_231909795.jpgPXL_20231128_231924890.jpgPXL_20231129_005933490.NIGHT.jpg

_WW_

Geriatric Skagit Swinger
Forum Supporter
That'll do until you see one you can't live without...again. :)

Divad

Whitefish
Not particularly fond of the NASCAR type color or graphics but to get the dull color I wanted meant waiting 3 to 4 months for a 2024 and spending an extra 5k for the exact same hull and motor. Decided I would try to live with it and just get a wrap if I couldn't. It has only been 1 day and the verdict is still out. Maybe I'll just get some clothing with a bunch of graphics and a number on the back so I fit in. And work on my southern twang. At any rate as equipped my guess is this will efficiently do the job and for a while be the 10th last boat I plan on buying.

View attachment 92735View attachment 92736View attachment 92737View attachment 92738
I love the sleekness of the inside without any hang-ups for fly line yet still TONS of storage. Seats looks comfy, the whole thing looks awesome.

Probably turns left like a dream. When you trade paint you’ll come out ontop. Okay okay, tbh I kind of like the red.

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter

View attachment 92735View attachment 92736View attachment 92737View attachment 92738
Well if that doesn't look like a musky hunter, I dunno what does....😆

Sorry, no help on places to eat.

doublespey

Let.It.Swing
Forum Supporter
Love it . . . you managed to avoid carpet (which is tough with those style boats) and lots of open room. Also smart to go with a saltwater bow mounted troller. I almost went with a similar Crestliner when I was shopping.

I'm scheduled to get one installed on my new-to-me Alumaweld I just picked up. Will be nice to have a powered ride under me after almost 7 yrs.

albula

Forum Supporter

Search done! Pick me up some if you're coming back to the wet side! HA!
I looked at ordering some shipped and it says they can't do so at this time due to seasonal demand. When I walked in there was a couple in front of me who had 2 large Costco shopping bags and they stood over the full freezers "shoveling" in packages of frozen tamales. As is my style I made some snarky comment how they must be planning a really good lunch and both be hungry. The Mrs turned and said we only get to town about once month and don't want to run out. Smart lady. He married well. I made sure I am on their mailing list to be notified when they start shipping again as I don't intend to purchase another boat in Yakima in the near future.

Buzzy

I prefer to call them strike indicators.
Forum Supporter

I don't get the Nascar effect at all, great looking boat. Enjoy.

flybill

Life of the Party
I looked at ordering some shipped and it says they can't do so at this time due to seasonal demand. When I walked in there was a couple in front of me who had 2 large Costco shopping bags and they stood over the full freezers "shoveling" in packages of frozen tamales. As is my style I made some snarky comment how they must be planning a really good lunch and both be hungry. The Mrs turned and said we only get to town about once month and don't want to run out. Smart lady. He married well. I made sure I am on their mailing list to be notified when they start shipping again as I don't intend to purchase another boat in Yakima in the near future.
I didn't think they shipped yet! Demand is high for the holidays, so I wouldn't expect it.. cool if they do though!

Yard Sale

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Sweet boat! Agreed that dog dick red might not be your style.
Yer going to need a third seat when Mark comes out though. ;)

albula

Forum Supporter
Sweet boat! Agreed that dog dick red might not be your style.
Yer going to need a third seat when Mark comes out though. ;)
Dog dick red accurately matches at least one of my fishing partners. As for the third seat, it came with one. Mark had me hide it in the garage when he saw that you were watching this thread. No offense.

Yard Sale

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Dog dick red accurately matches at least one of my fishing partners. As for the third seat, it came with one. Mark had me hide it in the garage when he saw that you were watching this thread. No offense.

Its cool, he can ride on the bow.

• Haha
Reactions: RCF