NFR Bananas and tight lids.

Old Man

Just a useless Old Man.
Forum Legend
I saw both Bananas and a joke on tight lids. I was watch a pre-game before a football game. They were eating bananas with the peel on and enjoying them. Has anybody on here ever eaten a banana like that ? Also tight lids. I like iced tea with lemon. I used to be able to open the bottle by twisting the lid off. Well being older I can't do it. Weak hands. So I had a idea, I have a small Vice-Grip and I use it. Works like a champ. If I travel, I'll just carry the Vise-Grip in my back pocket. When I worked for a living I always carried tools around like that.

This is just some ramblings from the week end. I know that I'm half nuts. So just take this with a grain of salt. That's a hell of a saying. Why would anybody take a grain of salt on a sentence.

Buzzy

I prefer to call them strike indicators.
Forum Supporter
I saw both Bananas and a joke on tight lids. I was watch a pre-game before a football game. They were eating bananas with the peel on and enjoying them. Has anybody on here ever eaten a banana like that ? Also tight lids. I like iced tea with lemon. I used to be able to open the bottle by twisting the lid off. Well being older I can't do it. Weak hands. So I had a idea, I have a small Vice-Grip and I use it. Works like a champ. If I travel, I'll just carry the Vise-Grip in my back pocket. When I worked for a living I always carried tools around like that.

This is just some ramblings from the week end. I know that I'm half nuts. So just take this with a grain of salt. That's a hell of a saying. Why would anybody take a grain of salt on a sentence.
I haven't tried bananas with the peel on. I carry a note pad and pencil most everywhere so I can write things down and therefore not forget them except I can't read my own writing.

Skimr

Smolt
Forum Supporter
My wife uses a lobster cracker like this one. Works great. Keep at home, car, truck and trailer. Highly recommend.

Attachments

• 363D4BA8-B623-4B09-9A45-1822897785D4.jpeg
    363D4BA8-B623-4B09-9A45-1822897785D4.jpeg
    455.9 KB · Views: 2

kerrys

Ignored Member

I like pickles but have trouble opening the jars. I use a big set of channel locks to open them.

_WW_

Geriatric Skagit Swinger
Forum Supporter
I like pickles but have trouble opening the jars. I use a big set of channel locks to open them.
My wife has a whole drawer full of jar opening devices. I make her try them all before she gets me involved. She asked why do I do that? I told her she bought 'em so she needs to use 'em. If she doesn't want to use them then throw 'em out.
Drawer is still full of 'em...

Zak

Legend
Forum Supporter
I find that a rubber band stretched around the lid works wonders. Way easier to carry than vise grips, too.

Porter2

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
The tight silver foil type coverings on many items like yogurts, olives, or pills like vitamins etc with a 1/32nd inch tab to pull gets me. Plus I feel like super glue has been used to secure them when you finally make some head way. Tough SOB to access some times. Sometimes half the foil remains because I couldn’t clear it all off.

Salmo_g

Legend
Forum Supporter
This summer I became a lot more sympathetic to the difficulty of removing lids. A little calcium type deposit near the base of my right thumb really limited my use of my right hand for many everyday functions, among them holding jars in my right hand while I unscrewed the lids with my left. It's been a lesson in just how much we humans depend on our opposable thumbs to hold and use tools and other objects. Fortunately fly rod grips are small enough diameter that I have still been able to fly cast. It would be the end of the world as I know it if I couldn't hold a fly rod and cast it.

Old Man

Just a useless Old Man.
Forum Legend
I haven't tried bananas with the peel on. I carry a note pad and pencil most everywhere so I can write things down and therefore not forget them except I can't read my own writing.
Since my shakes have picked up, my writing has fallen off. When I have to sign something. It looks like a doctors writing It's almost a scribble.