NFR NFL 2023 Season

Non-fishing related

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter

RCF

Life of the Party
I am just happy he is no longer with Michigan. I was born in Ann Arbor and both of my parents graduated from there.

Glad he moved on.

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
Yeah,winning a natty plus beating up on Ohio State the last 3 years must've been rough....😆

I almost get it though...he rubs a lot of people the wrong way. But he's also won at every single stop along the way with a gritty toughness.

Yard Sale

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Getting out before the sanctions roll in. Pulling a Petey!

No GM in place so I guess he gets to pick his own? Probably for the best.

Jim needs a good run game. Looks like the Charges were 18th last year. He will certainly bring toughness. For how ever long that lasts before it burns to the ground.

Brute

Legend
Forum Supporter
As much as I dislike Hairball, he is a qb whisperer...I wished he went to the Bears and not the AFC West...

RCF

Life of the Party
Yeah,winning a natty plus beating up on Ohio State the last 3 years must've been rough....😆

I almost get it though...he rubs a lot of people the wrong way. But he's also won at every single stop along the way with a gritty toughness.

Before those 3 wins against Ohio State how about those 5 loses in a row to them?

I agree he has won everywhere he has been. If one is only looking at successes then he is great. But if you look at the bigger picture it is not only about winning but also how he got there. There are a lot of peaks and valleys in his career. Appears he left Michigan and his legacy will be the wins until the NCAA clamps down due to indiscretions that occurred under his watch, removes wins, reduces the number of scholarships, the number of visits to prospective players, bowl appearances, etc.

College is about the experience and opening one's eye to what could be. Sports should only augment that. The NFL is all about winning - period. That is where he belongs and I am happy he is back there.

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
Before those 3 wins against Ohio State how about those 5 loses in a row to them?

I agree he has won everywhere he has been. If one is only looking at successes then he is great. But if you look at the bigger picture it is not only about winning but also how he got there. There are a lot of peaks and valleys in his career. Appears he left Michigan and his legacy will be the wins until the NCAA clamps down due to indiscretions that occurred under his watch, removes wins, reduces the number of scholarships, the number of visits to prospective players, bowl appearances, etc.

College is about the experience and opening one's eye to what could be. Sports should only augment that. The NFL is all about winning - period. That is where he belongs and I am happy he is back there.
Kinda like Pete...except Harbaugh actually DID win at every stop.

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
What year did he win a superbowl? My memory must be hazy🤔
Pete with the Patriots? :LOL:

or does taking a 6-10 team to 13-3 (Harbaugh's first year with SF) not count as establishing a winning culture...

Billy

Big poppa
Staff member
Admin
Pete with the Patriots? :LOL:

or does taking a 6-10 team to 13-3 (Harbaugh's first year with SF) not count as establishing a winning culture...
Winning culture yes. I thought you were implying he won a superbowl. Pete won a national championship and a superbowl. Silly to downplay this.

DimeBrite

Saltwater fly fisherman
Dang! I missed out on a bunch of NFL news when I was away. Bellichick fired, Pete Carroll fired! Pete just couldn't beat the LA RAMS. Listening to Seattle area sports radio will be much easier sans Pete's nonsense ramblings.

Congrats to my LA RAMS for a break through season! They played the ascendant Detroit Lions to the wire in the playoffs, and are looking very good as the remodel continues going into the draft. Stafford and McVay had a masterful season. Rising from a shaky 3-6 start to a 10-7 finish showed how well the coaches and young players matured into a good team. Well done!!!

Chris Johnson

Steelhead
Dang! I missed out on a bunch of NFL news when I was away. Bellichick fired, Pete Carroll fired! Pete just couldn't beat the LA RAMS. Listening to Seattle area sports radio will be much easier sans Pete's nonsense ramblings.

Congrats to my LA RAMS for a break through season! They played the ascendant Detroit Lions to the wire in the playoffs, and are looking very good as the remodel continues going into the draft. Stafford and McVay had a masterful season. Rising from a shaky 3-6 start to a 10-7 finish showed how well the coaches and young players matured into a good team. Well done!!!
Stafford looked really good in that game, and the LA coaching staff did a great job this year.