New Years Resolutions

Porter2

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Have not decided yet…. But thinking of hitting Lake Washington, which is down the street from me , more this summer as a see what I can do thing????
Thinking of using the 5 and 7 weight and see what happens. Thai is also predicated on my soon to be after new year floatation purchase ….. 😬

Tom Butler

Grandpa, Small Stream Fanatic
Forum Supporter
I don't do NY resolutions anymore, I try to address things daily.
I might try euro nymphing as a new years resolution. Ugh, that feels gross to write....the bobber lover in me is outraged.

Whats your new years resolution?
Try it, you'll like it. No need to be grossed out. It really is a fun, intimate, challenging and productive way to fish. Maybe even combine it with your bobber.

Attachments

• 20221215_gear.jpg
    20221215_gear.jpg
    459 KB · Views: 15
  • 20221215_dblpred.jpg
    20221215_dblpred.jpg
    625.7 KB · Views: 15

EBT

Smolt
Nothing fancy, but same resolution as every year - to catch some salmonids every month of the year. Working on nine straight years. As a friend says, "trout don't live in ugly places", so this gives me an opportunity to be in those beautiful places. The last time I missed the goal was injury-related, and at 70 I've got to continue to hope that physical limitations don't cause another miss.

up2nogood

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Nothing fancy, but same resolution as every year - to catch some salmonids every month of the year. Working on nine straight years. As a friend says, "trout don't live in ugly places", so this gives me an opportunity to be in those beautiful places. The last time I missed the goal was injury-related, and at 70 I've got to continue to hope that physical limitations don't cause another miss.

I can say at 75 it gets a bit tougher every year wading the rivers ,but so far I can still do it . I go a lot slower ,and more careful . I have fished with a couple guys over 80 ,that still wade okay . That's the goal .

Dr. Magill

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Have not decided yet…. But thinking of hitting Lake Washington, which is down the street from me , more this summer as a see what I can do thing????
Thinking of using the 5 and 7 weight and see what happens. Thai is also predicated on my soon to be after new year floatation purchase ….. 😬
Interesting
What are you looking at?

Cliff

Steelhead
I can say at 75 it gets a bit tougher every year wading the rivers ,but so far I can still do it . I go a lot slower ,and more careful . I have fished with a couple guys over 80 ,that still wade okay . That's the goal .
I'm right behind you at 69 but I have health/physical issues so that makes me 90. I'm also a chukar hunter and this is the death knell for that. Thank god for my English setter,

Cliff

Steelhead
As I've grown older I've fished less and less, and when I do fish it's usually from a float tube. I've wanted to return to stream/river fishing for a while, and in 2022 I was able to make two dedicated river fishing trips to Idaho. It was such a joy to be fishing moving water again. I hope to do more streams in 2023, and less tubing. Another thing I'd like to do is more steelhead/salmon fishing with a fly rod, as well as salt water.