New Headlamps

flybill

Life of the Party
Saw online for 3 for 30 or something like that. Can never seem to find the 2 or 3 I have..

Don't know how they'll hold up but will keep one in my sling pack, one in the car and one on the house for power outages or Stealthy ninja Cia missions! 😄

First impression are good. I can charge in the car or any USB port! Will use for a bit and report back!20231107_062630.jpg20231107_062543.jpg20231107_062528.jpg

Last edited:

flybill

Life of the Party
Yes on the red light!20231107_071753.jpg They are very bright so great for walking in before sunrise and out after dusk. And they are super light in weight!

the_chemist

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Unfortunately no, I will double check. They are very bright so great for walking in before sunrise and out after dusk. And they are super light in weight!
Don't worry about checking. More morbid curiosity. Seems like a headlamp has been a christmas stocking stuffer for the past decade for me.

flybill

Life of the Party
Don't worry about checking. More morbid curiosity. Seems like a headlamp has been a christmas stocking stuffer for the past decade for me.
I did, since I was curious as well.. it also has a kind of spotlight feature.. there is a bulb on the side and you just have to cycle through with the power switch. I will still see how well it holds up, but i like it so far!

Last edited:

Merle

Roy’s cousin
Forum Supporter
Looks like this style works well when wearing a ball cap. I always seem to be wearing a cap when I go to grab a headlamp and have to fling it off to wear the lamp. Going to check these out thanks Bill.

flybill

Life of the Party
Spotlight feature.. plus another gadget so I dont.lose my $1000 cell phone in the lake or river. Have ordered it yet but it pops up in my FB feed every 5 minutes or so!20231107_072836.jpgScreenshot_20231107_082752_Facebook.jpg

Zak

Legend
Forum Supporter
Saw online for 3 for 30 or something like that. Can never seem to find the 2 or 3 I have..

Don't know how they'll hold up but will keep one in my sling pack, one in the car and one on the house for power outages or Stealthy ninja Cia missions! 😄

First impression are good. I can charge in the car or any USB port! Will use for a bit and report back!View attachment 89386View attachment 89387View attachment 89388
I think that will blind all your companions!
I am on a mission to get everyone to wear their headlamps around the neck, not on the head. That way, you can look at someone without being all WHERE WERE YOU ON THE NIGHT OF NOVEMBER 5?!

flybill

Life of the Party
I think that will blind all your companions!
I am on a mission to get everyone to wear their headlamps around the neck, not on the head. That way, you can look at someone without being all WHERE WERE YOU ON THE NIGHT OF NOVEMBER 5?!
I'll wear mine a little lower.. on my 3rd leg! 😄

The red light will kind of make me look like a Cylon!

Reactions: Zak

Ernie

If not this, then what?
Forum Supporter

First impression are good. I can charge in the car or any USB port! Will use for a bit and report back!View attachment 89386View attachment 89387View attachment 89388
I bought the exact headlamp from the online retailer Tem_ for $3.59.
Super bright headlamp. Just checked it, no red light, but I never use a red light.

Merle

Roy’s cousin
Forum Supporter
I got mine today, dang they are bright!

Mine don’t have a red mode but they are pretty cool headlamps, thanks again for the tip Bill.

Driftless Dan

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
I gota set of two for $8.24 off of Temu a few days ago.

Jake Watrous

Legend
Forum Supporter
Not as cheap as things made by political prisoners, but my favorite head lamps are the Princeton Tec Fred 200 headlamps because they start off with red light when turned on. You don’t blow your night vision the moment you turn them on, but they are plenty bright. If you want white light, they’ll do that too.

Driftless Dan

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
I may or may not have, dunno. I do know that I found the exact same set of headlamps on more than a dozen sites, and I simply chose the least expensive one.

I'll admit, I'm addicted to Temu. Most of the stuff is junk, but I've only twice out of perhaps two dozen purchases been disappointed. Some, like these headlamps, I've been delighted with. I've already used it under my car, and although I rarely use this term, it's a game changer. I own a '76 Alfa Romeo. The engineers hadn't considered such things as ease of access to things like oil plugs, brake pads, wheel bearings, etc. The light really helped by saving perhaps 20% of the time it would have taken to dig into my console to find an errant wire yesterday.