Need a wheel

tombraider

LG
Forum Supporter
Got another Colorado, sold the XT for the S/Fatcat. Should have kept it. Any who, on sale Cabela's, inventory about gone. Not making them anymore or things for them. Like the wheel. So I need a wheel, any ideas on building, buying? Thanks.

Attachments

• Colorado.jpg
    Colorado.jpg
    458.3 KB · Views: 51

CRO

Steelhead
You could look into using a game cart for moving it. Some are extremely light weight and can carry heavy loads. They have them at Cabelas

tombraider

LG
Forum Supporter
Avid no, called launching today. 2 weeks out yet. Putting shop back together after water damage from the freeze. Good I called cuz I ordered per their info. It's wrong for the colorado. Out the door $151, added a rod holder.

Attachments

• 20240304_145931.jpg
    20240304_145931.jpg
    458.9 KB · Views: 22

Lue Taylor

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Go to Goodwill and the like find a 16 inch wheel kids bike use the fork and front wheel setup probably could cut off headtube or where the fork came out of clamp to frame pontoon use carter pin ti keep in place

_WW_

Geriatric Skagit Swinger
Forum Supporter
Go to Goodwill and the like find a 16 inch wheel kids bike use the fork and front wheel setup probably could cut off headtube or where the fork came out of clamp to frame pontoon use carter pin ti keep in place
The launching gear is the way to go. The single wheel, whether from a bike or from Launching Gear requires you to try and balance the boat while also pulling or pushing. That's why I modified mine with all thread and a pair of 12" wheels. It now balances itself. And when folded up is not lower than the bottom of my pontoons. (9' Bronco extreme)

iveofione

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
The launching gear is the way to go. The single wheel, whether from a bike or from Launching Gear requires you to try and balance the boat while also pulling or pushing. That's why I modified mine with all thread and a pair of 12" wheels. It now balances itself. And when folded up is not lower than the bottom of my pontoons. (9' Bronco extreme)
The single wheel requires constant attention to balance and is just a pain in the ass on rough terrain. And remember, wheeling out after a walk in and a day's fishing will only make managing the single wheel that much worse.