Messing around with new camera, checking out that Chinese Spy Balloon, couldn't believe what I saw!

Flymph

Steelhead
I don't understand why the Chinese needed this info when one in three Americans are on TikTok???? And, if they have already sent at least three of these balloons over the US during the previous administration what more info could they possibly need???

flybill

Life of the Party
I don't understand why the Chinese needed this info when one in three Americans are on TikTok???? And, if they have already sent at least three of these balloons over the US during the previous administration what more info could they possibly need???
I think they were checking out Montanas snow pack and figuring out when to plan there fly fishing trip out there...:cool:

Mossback

Fear My Powerful Emojis 😆
Forum Supporter
Satellites move in a predictable orbit, at a regular speed, limiting the time spent over any one spot...
Balloons are lower, move slower and apparently can be guided, so more time over the target is what I read.

Emily27

Steelhead
Serious question: what can a balloon see that a satellite can't?
According to the defense department not much.

"Currently, we assess that this balloon has limited additive value from an intelligence collective collection perspective,"

I'm not sure why people are talking about this so much besides ooh china scary

RCF

Life of the Party
Publicly the government is saying " nothing ". Any guess what they are saying privately? We will never know. It is classified. BTW they do not classify " nothing "...

Last edited:

DoesItFloat

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Publicly the government is saying " nothing ". Any guess what they are saying privately? We will never know. It is classified. BTW they do not classify " nothing "...
So they ARE taking it seriously now?

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
Reactions: Zak

SurfnFish

Legend
Forum Supporter
apparently another one was shot down today as it approached Alaska.
If China has been able to fly these balloons undetected over 40 countries up to now, 'missed' by detection systems designed to track fast movers, is there any doubt that they have already figured out how to equip them with biological and possibly nuke weapons when they are able to carry a 3 ton payload?
Nefarious fuks...