Meadow Lake Fish Camp

Ron McNeal

Sound, Light, and Frequency...............
Forum Supporter
Knowing how hard Hayden's worked the last couple of years, I think it's fair (and RIGHT) to pass this on:

Hello Guests of Meadow Lake,

I am resending the same letter, and I copy and pasted the body from my phone's notepad.

In order to make a case against MLFC for breach of contract and to pursue proper compensation, I am asking for your help in the form of a letter to be passed on to the legal system.

As some of you know, Francesco reneged on a verbal agreement he and I agreed upon last summer.

Despite working under terrible conditions last summer, I did my best to do right by Francesco; operating MLFC and seeing to his rehabilitation. Going so far as to live with him over winter, be his voice for all personal matters, and acted in general with great compassion for both him and MLFC.

June 26th of this year, I was informed that Francesco would be selling the company. Since July 12th I've been trying to come to an agreement in writing only to be met with avoidance and stalling.

I know Francesco has suffered many tragedies in recent years, but I feel I should not pay for his misfortune and selfishness.

I have been mistreated, taken advantage of, lied to, and verbally abused by Francesco. Many of you saw me endure this mistreatment last summer.

I have been forced to resign as I have no employment contract, and fear that MLFC will abuse my position to leverage higher profits for Francesco. They have legally refused to honour the existence of our prior contract. I told MLFC that if an agreement could be in place by September 1st, I would consider staying, but Francesco has decided to accept my resignation.

I'm now threatened with a suit for damages over not fulfilling the season, and have been told "the things I contemplate won't materialize -Roel".

Again, I am asking for your help in the form of a letter. Please describe the condition of the relationship between Francesco and I last summer, my duties performed here, and the hard work you saw me perform 7 days a week for four months straight.

I have lost access to the guest email addresses, and ask that you share this email with anyone who has an interest.

Thank you for reading this and for your consideration,

Hayden Sattler

Last edited:

dirty dog

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
I for one am sorry to hear of such things happening.
I have known a few folks that have been screwed out of time and $ because of lack of paper work.
Good luck in your quest

TicTokCroc

Sunkist and Sudafed
Verbal agreement, there's your problem, sucks but we all have to learn that way. I'm sure most of us here have had to eat our share of shit sandwiches, take it as a learning experience.

Irafly

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Franchesco Pahlevan, the owner of Meadow Lakes Fishing camp had a stroke. He had brought on Hayden to assist with running the camp. They've had a falling out.
Close, but what is key is I’m fairly sure that the stroke happened after Hayden started working there, and the agreement happened before the stroke as well.

Last edited:

Ron McNeal

Forum Supporter
There are always two sides. In this case, unfortunately, one of the two sides suffered a serious stroke in February (I think it was Feb.) of 2022. He has yet to regain the ability to speak well enough to be understood. We're left to hear from one of the two parties and a newly appointed representative of the owner.

In any event, it all seems so very wrong.........☹️☹️

Last edited:
It's sad how it all went down. Francesco and Uli had an amazing vision for a camp with deteriorating facilities when they bought in 2006. They were two of the hardest workers I've ever seen and they poured their lives into giving guests an amazing getaway experience while gradually modernizing the buildings. For many years it was just the two of them running a camp that previously had a staff of 4-8 to maintain. Uli's stroke in 2018, 1.5 years of COVID, and Francesco's stroke in 2022 was a pretty horrible string of events. Francesco could not communicate the same after the stroke (understandably) and we definitely witnessed a lot of frustration from him in 2022 because of that.

Hayden was the best thing that happened to the camp after Uli passed. He really cared about the guests, he knew the operation, and he was an extremely genuine person. He and Francesco were a great team up until the stroke and Hayden carried the load through a very difficult 2022 season. It's disappointing that he didn't feel appreciated enough to finish the 2023 season, but you can't question his work ethic and he tried to stick it out.

Without knowing all the details of agreements and when those conversations happened I don't want to take sides. Francesco deserves what he can get for the camp and hopefully it's enough for a comfortable retirement. Hopefully Hayden lands on his feet...he deserved better and he definitely has a gift for the work that he did. Hopefully the next owners care as much about the camp as Uli & Francesco did.

krusty

We're on the Road to Nowhere...
Forum Supporter
It is often said that "verbal agreements are not worth the paper they are written on"
And contractual agreements should be drafted and reviewed by the party's respective attorneys.

Memory and interpretation are hopelessly subjective when disputes about money arise.

And if one of the parties is offended by the concept of a contract it's most probably an arrangement to walk away from.

Last edited:

Dekartes

Kill Pebble Permanently
Late to this. Did Hayden leave contact information? I am a late comer to the camp. My first year was the year after the stroke and without Hayden I don't know how the camp would have continued at all. Really sorry to hear this. The camp was great because of the people. I was actually planning on calling Hayden to see what the summer looked like as I wanted to bring my daughter up again. I came out really early last year - so missed this.

Ron McNeal

Forum Supporter
I, too, would love to have Hayden's contact info. Sadly, I don't. Hoping that, maybe, someone else does........

He's stand up and I enjoyed talking with him at the camp. If someone has his email, please post. Thank you.
The message sent on his way out was from the shared MLFC email, which I'd assume he is no longer using. He is on Facebook.

I reached out to Roel (the guy acting on Francesco's behalf) a few times, but nothing back yet on the status for 2024. They usually have snow up there until at least early May...I doubt any new ownership deal gets done before the snow melts.