March Madness 2024

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
It will be interesting to see what Caitlin Clark does regarding this. I'm sure she is doing well with NIL dollars, but $5 mill versus $70-90K to play in the WNBA?
SF

Brute

Legend
Forum Supporter
It will be interesting to see what Caitlin Clark does regarding this. I'm sure she is doing well with NIL dollars, but $5 mill versus $70-90K to play in the WNBA?
SF

I saw that too…I think the exposure in the WNBA (and probably being the face of the league) will equate to very large $$ in sponsorships and advertising…

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
I saw that too…I think the exposure in the WNBA (and probably being the face of the league) will equate to very large $$ in sponsorships and advertising…

The article kind of made it sound like the WNBA isn’t too keen on their players also playing in the Big3.
I agree, she'll make some nice $$$ from endorsements in the WNBA but passing up a guaranteed $5 mil and still being able to get endorsement deals might be tough to turn down. Good for her either way.
SF

Last edited:

Gyrfalcon22

Life of the Party
Seems that she would be the epicenter of taking the WNBA to a whole 'nother level. The Taylor Swift of the WNBA. Ok, I am too old to really know what the even means but I suppose it means that there are a lot of people willing to put a lot of money into product and products and she'd bring $10's of millions (eventually $100's of millions?) to a huge/growing fanbase across the world?

The face of a product is a pretty nice paying gig these days.

Brute

Legend
Forum Supporter
Tar Heels about to lose to Bama…very good game. That tall kid from ND got some skills…reminds me of Kevin McHale

FinLuver

Native Oregonian…1846
My bracket got nuked with today’s games.
However, I still have a shot for the overall winner.

charles sullivan

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Here is a sad “ah, springtime in Northern Idaho” incident tied to the women’s tournament….

Shoot, it isn't just Idaho.
Gonzaga's team was identified by a Michigan state rep. as a group of "illegal invaders".
Bigots gonna bigot.

I enjoyed watching Alabama tonight. They play at a pace that you don't see much anymore.

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
heeeeeeeyyyyy Illinois scored this half! give them a medal!