Magnetic Rod Rack

Griswald

Steelhead
Hello,
I have a 2022 Rav4 that I want to get a rod rack for...I have seen them for up to 4 rods. Does anyone have any recommendations?

THANKS!!!

Griswald

Porter2

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
This came across my mind as traveling down a rock paved road and following out other half of fishing party. Probably going 30 mph…..Three rods tied down on the hood. And a sizable rock hit the window and all I could think of was if a fly striking a rod can cause serious damage to your rod what will a rock do? I will never put my rod on a car holder and travel again. It’s just a personal choice especially now that the repair costs have gone so high. Could also put a nice ding in a reel if not wearing the pouch.

Buzzy

I prefer to call them strike indicators.
Forum Supporter
This came across my mind as traveling down a rock paved road and following out other half of fishing party. Probably going 30 mph…..Three rods tied down on the hood. And a sizable rock hit the window and all I could think of was if a fly striking a rod can cause serious damage to your rod what will a rock do? I will never put my rod on a car holder and travel again. It’s just a personal choice especially now that the repair costs have gone so high. Could also put a nice ding in a reel if not wearing the pouch.
I used magnetic rod racks to carry our strung up spey rods, many times over many years*. We travelled between runs on the Thompson and locally on the Snake, Wenatchee and Methow (there's some hotspotting for you). On the Thompson, the "gravel" roads were so rough we were in 4x4 low range. The other riveers we were mostly on pavement and if off, not following someone kicking rocks at 30 mph. Never had a problem with rock chips, finding steelhead was a separate issue. ;-)

* With the local rivers I hot spotted all closed to steelhead angling, the magnetic rod holders ended up on the St. Croix.