Lubricant for watermater row locks?

Dave Boyle

Life of the Party
My right row lock on my water master has developed a really annoying squeak. What lubricant would folks recommend? It is a hard plastic so I don’t want to apply something petrochemical in case it compromises it in the long term. Any recommendations or suggestions?

Thanks,

Dave

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
Wet it down with water. Always works with my Commander. It's super cheap and [hopefully] doesn't contain any harsh chemicals...

JesseC

Smolt
Clean them really good - it's usually squeaking when river grime build up in there.

Agree with silicon spray - not too much. I tried all sorts of other lithium grease etc, but they just attracted more grime and created a staining grease slurry that was worse than the squeaks. fml

Dustin Chromers

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
My right row lock on my water master has developed a really annoying squeak. What lubricant would folks recommend? It is a hard plastic so I don’t want to apply something petrochemical in case it compromises it in the long term. Any recommendations or suggestions?

Thanks,

Dave

Paraffin wax. Easy, cheap, clean, and you can carry it with you without a mess.

Creatch’r

Potential Spam
Forum Supporter
My left oar was a little squeaky on my watermaster but I fixed it by snapping my oar in two lining up for a skinny little side channel chute. Hopefully my new Sawyer replacements aren’t as fragile. Or squeaky.

JesseC

Smolt
My left oar was a little squeaky on my watermaster but I fixed it by snapping my oar in two lining up for a skinny little side channel chute. Hopefully my new Sawyer replacements aren’t as fragile. Or squeaky.
Did you go full tripod and almost lose your shit? 😆 I did.

PJSea

Freshly Spawned
How do you like the Sawyer oars?