LOUD OUTDOOR AUDIO

Tom Butler

Grandpa, Small Stream Fanatic
Forum Supporter
Those are the same fishless guys that come up to you when you're having a good day and want to know what you are doing. So you take five minutes and show them your stuff and explain how you're fishing it. When you're done they give you disdainful look and say, "Well...we don't do that!"
Yeah, some folks. The Bros showed back up yesterday however with light spin rods and floats. Some people will get a clue. No holding up fish and yelling was observed this time. As I passed behind them I did cast right between them just to make a point. That's why I took this pic.

Attachments

• 20240330_indi_olvleech.jpg
    20240330_indi_olvleech.jpg
    595.5 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

DanielOcean

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Playing loud music on a lake, river or hike when others are present is not respectful. It's plain old selfishness.

btw, I believe music should be played loud and enjoyed to the fullest. Just not when it interferes with other's peace.
You all saw the word respectful and really fucken ran with it. LOL

Dudes, I agree with all of you for fucks sakes. My point is. There is nothing you can do about it. If you are one that has admitted to allowing it to ruin your day then that is on you. Allowing some poison to piss you off so bad that your time is degraded is the fault of nobody else but yourself.

If you a person that gets super pissed about this shit then don't go where they are. If you want your version of peace then you need to go where the odds are highest. Either way, till you can enforce such a thing, there is no reason to let it get under your skin.

JudyM

Steelhead
In Oregon, there is a stretch on the Willamette River during May 1st (I think, but I could be wrong) is off limits to wake board boats. Across the river from Meldrum Bar (where I fish) is some pretty high dollar homes. Those residents (and floating homeowners downriver) petitioned the Oregon Marine Board to make that area off limits, and yes, a certain noise decibel limit with the skidoos. Not my circus, not my monkey, either.

Scottybs

Head Master Flyfisher In Charge
Forum Supporter
The hiking boom box bros have taken a likes for fly fishing… there goes the neighborhood.

skyriver

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter

Dudes, I agree with all of you for fucks sakes. My point is. There is nothing you can do about it. If you are one that has admitted to allowing it to ruin your day then that is on you. Allowing some poison to piss you off so bad that your time is degraded is the fault of nobody else but yourself.

If you a person that gets super pissed about this shit then don't go where they are. If you want your version of peace then you need to go where the odds are highest. Either way, till you can enforce such a thing, there is no reason to let it get under your skin.
Haha! Yep. Respect is a big deal! btw, totally agree with your 2nd and 3rd paragraphs. There are many forms of disrespect when in the outdoors. I fished the Sky a few times per week for 9 years. Believe me, I know how to deal with weird, odd, and disrespectful behavior by "anglers".

I think the angle that actually pisses me off the most is that a fly shop is selling them. Pretty much runs counter to the whole fly fishing experience. At least what most of us think the fly fishing experience is.
I get that they have to make money to stay in business. My hope is that most shops will chose not to sell them.

Scottybs

Head Master Flyfisher In Charge
Forum Supporter

Playground rules🤣🤣🤣

Northern

Seeking SMB
Forum Supporter
...My point is. There is nothing you can do about it.
And my point is, if you ask people, politely, to do you a favor and dial it down, they will often comply. It makes them feel like the good guy, and that's fine - everyone wins! There's also a chance they actually learn from that interaction and think more about how they affect others. "Thoughtless" literally means they didn't really think about it, not that they're being deliberate jerks.
Your respectful actions will probably be appreciated by others in the area as well.

Some, of course, ARE jerks, and in that case, yep - escape ye to quieter waters if feasible.
Yelling at them in a pissed-off manner in either case is usually ineffective, and is as likely to ruin your day as theirs.

Now, if you're blasting your music at a campground after quiet hours, I might take advantage of the sound cover to slip a rattlesnake into the bed of your truck. 😇

Buzzy

I prefer to call them strike indicators.
Forum Supporter

You are right, when unwanted noise affects my "state of mind" (peace of mind) and it gets to me, it is on me. Totally. I am who I am and wish I could effect a change and let a few things go.

Your signature line cracks me up, man: "I hate rude behavior in a man. Wont tolerate it!" - Woodrow F. Call"

DanielOcean

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
You are right, when unwanted noise affects my "state of mind" (peace of mind) and it gets to me, it is on me. Totally. I am who I am and wish I could effect a change and let a few things go.

Your signature line cracks me up, man: "I hate rude behavior in a man. Wont tolerate it!" - Woodrow F. Call"
Because if I hate rude behavior why does it appear that I advocate for it right? Yeah I know your kind. You will see it your way and nothing will change it 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

_WW_

Geriatric Skagit Swinger
Forum Supporter
I guess I'll be getting me one of them LOUD OUTDOOR AUDIO boxes so I can fight back with some obnoxious shit of my own. I have some great high fidelity recordings of a six year old at violin practice. And some three am karaoke recordings - vocals only.

Yard Sale

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
And my point is, if you ask people, politely, to do you a favor and dial it down, they will often comply. It makes them feel like the good guy, and that's fine - everyone wins! There's also a chance they actually learn from that interaction and think more about how they affect others. "Thoughtless" literally means they didn't really think about it, not that they're being deliberate jerks.
Your respectful actions will probably be appreciated by others in the area as well.

Some, of course, ARE jerks, and in that case, yep - escape ye to quieter waters if feasible.
Yelling at them in a pissed-off manner in either case is usually ineffective, and is as likely to ruin your day as theirs.

Now, if you're blasting your music at a campground after quiet hours, I might take advantage of the sound cover to slip a rattlesnake into the bed of your truck. 😇

Wait, Northern just cruises around with revenge rattlesnakes? You lake people go hard!