LOUD OUTDOOR AUDIO

Chadk

Life of the Party
Stay in the city. And off my lawn.

I think my patience for music and loud talkers is directly tied to location. The more remote, the quieter it should be.

On lake wa? Blast away. Yell at each other in a drunken stupor. I won't care. Will be hard to distinguish between the traffic, jet skis, etc. Remote alpine lake? Don't be surprised if you are missing 4 valve stems when you return to your rig.... 😬😒🙄😑

DanielOcean

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Except when it interferes with your hard earned free time! 😅
In this specific case, if I allow some folks playing some music on a river to interfere with my time, that's on me. I don't own that river and that river can be respectfully used by anyone.

RCF

Life of the Party
Pure and simple ---> IMHO loud music is noise pollution. There are laws that govern it.

Enforced? Hell no!!!

DanielOcean

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Respectfully forcing your terrible music on someone else? Not sure that's how "respectfully" works.
If you find the music terrible then again that's on you man LOL. Its all about self control, and what you allow to get under your skin or not. Stop giving a shit about people doing shit that you cant do shit about. Complaining = waste of time.

DanielOcean

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
There is a difference between terrible music and loud music is terrible. When it is both, that is beyond terrible.
Well see, when I see that picture of some folks having fun with a boom box, I don't automatically insinuate that they have the volume at level 10.

Hem

Life of the Party
The guy sitting over there in the background is thinking about how to execute a boom box 'accident' that sends it to the bottom....or getting a different girlfriend....maybe both.
At that age I was thinking about executing alright...
Tied with fishing, of course.

Jerry Daschofsky

The fishing camp cook
Forum Legend
Funny how many of you are against this. I'm not the oldest, but I'm not the youngest in here. I've seen these and I like them. Waterproof and float I do believe.

I don't mind music in the boat, or in camp, as long as it's not blaring so loud everyone hears it. Hell, my grandfather always had a radio with him. If NASCAR was on, he would have his transistor radio with him and on. I remember him having it on back in the early 70s fishing for Springers. Mind you he was in his late 70s on the early 70s.

I'll carry my Bluetooth with me. Yes I do enjoy nature, but I do love music too. But I rarely play it loud enough to hear it outside of the boat.

Chadk

Life of the Party
If you find the music terrible then again that's on you man LOL. Its all about self control, and what you allow to get under your skin or not. Stop giving a shit about people doing shit that you cant do shit about. Complaining = waste of time.
Sharing my opinion. Arguing with me about my opinion is = waste of time.

DanielOcean

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Sharing my opinion. Arguing with me about my opinion is = waste of time.
I agree. Who's arguing with your opinion? Think of me more of an advisor. I am looking out for those who focus on stupid shit. You will thank you later.

Northern

Seeking SMB
Forum Supporter
In this specific case, if I allow some folks playing some music on a river to interfere with my time, that's on me. I don't own that river and that river can be respectfully used by anyone.
The key word there is "respectfully."
Music, like religion, should be kept to yourself unless someone else specifically wants to hear it.
Forcing someone else to endure it for more than a passing moment in a public space is inherently disrespectful.
(Floating down a river? Meh - they'll pass by in a few. Blasting for an hour on a lake or in a campground? Total a-hole move.)

DanielOcean

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
The key word there is "respectfully."
Music, like religion, should be kept to yourself unless someone else specifically wants to hear it.
Forcing someone else to endure it for more than a passing moment in a public space is inherently disrespectful.
(Floating down a river? Meh - they'll pass by in a few. Blasting for an hour on a lake or in a campground? Total a-hole move.)
You are not being forced to endure it. You are capable of leaving and finding other waters if you cannot respect that someone may want to listen to some tunes while out.

DanielOcean

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
You guys are funny. You see, I have never listened to music while on the river. It is just not my thing. Its also not my thing to talk shit about another group's that do not align with what I am doing on the same piece of public land.
Bitching about music on the river is no different than bitching about hearing gun fire out in the desert when you are just trying to ride your motorcycle.
You cannot act entitled when you are on public land.

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
lol...reminds me of a time I met up with a friend for musky fishing. He and his friend were in their boat playing music that I could hear halfway across the bay (so, not super loud, but loud enough). I stuck 2, they moved one between them...That's the specific reason I included such things in the musky article.

Tiger muskies don't like Limp Bizkit either.

Northern

Seeking SMB
Forum Supporter
You guys are funny. You see, I have never listened to music while on the river. It is just not my thing. Its also not my thing to talk shit about another group's that do not align with what I am doing on the same piece of public land.
Bitching about music on the river is no different than bitching about hearing gun fire out in the desert when you are just trying to ride your motorcycle.
You cannot act entitled when you are on public land.
I didn't say they don't have a right to subject everyone else to their noise. But it very definitely makes them selfish and/or thoughtless, and deserves the derision it's getting here.
I have every right to skip rocks through your run, but it would still make me a real dick.

Smokey Bear

El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity
Forum Supporter
Fishing must be really slow. 🥱

DanielOcean

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
I didn't say they don't have a right to subject everyone else to their noise. But it very definitely makes them selfish and/or thoughtless, and deserves the derision it's getting here.
I have every right to skip rocks through your run, but it would still make me a real dick.
It is selfish and thoughtless to assume that others near you in a public space should act a certain way that benefits you. See how shit can go the other way?
When I am swinging a run and some jet boat goes by and I have to deal with his wake, I cannot get pissed off. When I am going out I am always factoring where I am going. Will others be there? What are the usual people that are usually there?
For example, if I go to the Yakima river. I have to accept the fact that there is a large possibility that a drunk party group is going to float by and my beautiful spiritual moment will be interrupted.