Looking for summer bass lake airbnb/vrbo suggestions...

Josh

Dead in the water
Staff member
Admin
Looking for some warm(er) weather airbnb/VRBO options that are on bass lakes. Doesn't have to be anything amazing as far as the fishing goes. Just somewhere that I could pop out in the AM for some casts before I hang with the lady (or family) for the day. Bonus if there's a dock we can hang out on and have a beer in the evening.

Size would either me just me and the lady or the two of us and two teens. If the teens come, internet access is probably important. If it's just the two of us, decent cell coverage would be enough. Location should probably be WA/OR.

Feel free to DM specific options if you don't want to share your favorites publicly.

RRSmith

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
You may be looking for somewhere warmer than the coast but our nephew who lives in Bend has been going over to Tenmile Lake (near Coos Bay) and renting a lakefront home for a number of years now. They usually go in April and the bass fishing is excellent.

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin
This thread made me realize something I never really thought about before... I can't think of many Oregon lakes at all that have houses on them. Washington it seems like most lakes have some housing developments, but Oregon has few if any.

RRSmith

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
The places in Oregon with lakefront homes seem to mostly be on the coast. Devils Lake near Lincoln City has lakefront vacation rentals plus the amenities of the Lincoln City area. The area is a complete zoo in the summer and I am guessing the vacation rentals are pricey. As far as Devils Lake bass fishing goes, it must be decent as I see quite a few bass boats on it during the spring/summer/fall months.

CRO

Steelhead
It’s not the warmest place to go but Ocean Shores Duck Lake holds lots of Largemouth in the miles of canals. There are air bib places on and off the lake. There’s perch fishing on the beach. With a little luck you may score clam openings.

Divad

Whitefish
It’s not the warmest place to go but Ocean Shores Duck Lake holds lots of Largemouth in the miles of canals. There are air bib places on and off the lake. There’s perch fishing on the beach. With a little luck you may score clam openings.
Some BIG bows in that lake too with nice flippers.

Josh

Dead in the water
Staff member
Admin
Little far of a drive for this vacation idea. But it's a darn pretty place (only been once). EDIT: strike that, was thinking of lake shasta in CA.

Jumping off the roof of a houseboat into the lake is good fun.

mcswny

Legend
Forum Supporter
This thread made me realize something I never really thought about before... I can't think of many Oregon lakes at all that have houses on them. Washington it seems like most lakes have some housing developments, but Oregon has few if any.

This has bummed me out for years

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
Maybe Chelan or Banks Lake?
A buddy of mine caught some decent smallies out of Chelan. I’d have to think there are more rental options in Chelan.
SF

Dustin Chromers

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Banks is cool for small mouth. Silver lake isn't far and is lightly fished from what I can tell. Plus you are a stones throw from Merwin and Mayfield for some musky chasing. A quick call to The Lost Creek Fly Shop could have you in a boat chasing toothy things in the sun without even bringing your own ten wt.

krusty

We're on the Road to Nowhere...
Forum Supporter
Perhaps Eloika lake in Spokane County?

krusty

We're on the Road to Nowhere...
Forum Supporter
dont go in summer if youre bringing a power boat. That lake gets sooooooo weedy. not the good weed too...
Spring is best! Lots of bass that like to hit rubber frogs on top of those weeds.

Lake Spokane might be another good option...especially if you have a powerboat...plenty of open water.

Last edited: